Ch. 18: My Tanning Skin Bothers People

(A/N: Hey guys!! I'm sorry that I didn't update on this story last week but...I'm back! Haha I don't have school so hopefully I'll update a lot! :F)

Harry's POV:

"Shh Harry, calm down!" Asia hisses with her finger over her mouth to signal me to be quiet but I can't keep calm. I mean these fucking blokes placed a bet on Mia just because oh the simple fact that she's black.

"Asia how could he do that to her?" I snap back pacing back and forth by the library since that's where the locker was located when they were discussing the bet. I feel so disgusted and just angry for them to do that to her.

"Harry c'mon let's just go to class, alright?" she grabs my hand and tugs me behind her down the hall.

"I mean Asia what guy in their right mind would play a bet on a girl, especially someone like Mia?" I stop with widen eyes which of course makes her stop too.

She looks back at me with confused brown eyes but soon washes over with a smirk on her lips. "You finally noticed it huh?" no no no, this can't be right.

I mean there could be logical reasoning of this situation besides thinking...that. "Harry stop trying to deny it, just let it flow," she wiggles her eyebrows in suggestion.

"You're wrong," I growl but it comes out sounding like a whimper. I would love to blame it on being in Mia's body but even I have to admit that's not true.

Asia shakes her head and drops the subject, thank God. She starts walking again and I follow after her. When we reach my classroom, I tell Asia goodbye.

I walk inside to see Brandon sitting in a desk. I stop in my tracks, feeling the blood boil in my veins because he was the one to come up with the bet. I rush over to him and grab him by his collar of his Polo shirt.

"You fucking asshole!" I try to deepen my voice which actually works but not as much as I wished. "What the hell, Tamia?"

"You think I'm fucking stupid, huh?" I pull onto his collar so he can be the same height as me, curse being a short girl.

"I didn't do anything so what are you talking about?" he looks around the room frantically for someone to help him but not many people are here and their to drawn to our conversation to intervene.

Deciding to just tell him, I open my mouth, "The b-," he cuts me off when he yells to someone that just came in.

"Aye Barry get this nigger off me!" what the actual? How can he just say that in front of me like it's just a word? I feel Barry pulling me away but I put up a fight kicking and screaming.

"Don't you ever say that to me or around me ever again!!" I shout at him with so much venom rolling off my tongue, his sight so disgusting.

"Hey hey, what's all the commotion?" the teacher comes running into the classroom. "Barry why are you holding onto Tamia like that?"

"She was choking Brandon for no reason, Mrs. Brown! So I had to get her away from him." she looks at me with a scowl but wait a damn minute, I should be able to explain myself.

"No no, I wasn't choking him but I did grab him by the collar because he made me upset," deciding to leave the bet out because I rather take that matter into my own hands.

"Don't put your hands on him because you were upset. I thought you knew better Tamia," she looks at me with disapproving eyes.

"But that's no-,"

"Nope I don't want to hear it. Just sit over there by me and Brandon you stay where you are." I scoff and she points her finger to the desk she wants me to sit in.