Ch. 9: It's Only Our First Day & We're Already Fucking It Up

Mia POV:

I hung up the phone and turned around to find Zayn standing there with a sketch pad and a weird look on his face. “Harry, what are you doing up here?” he furrows his eyebrows in surprise while I stare at him with wide eyes. What the hell is he doing up here at this time of night with a sketch pad? And did he hear my phone conversation?

Thinking of something quick so I won’t have to explain myself further. “I could ask you the same thing but I’m good!” I run out of the door to reach the staircase leaving behind a disheveled Zayn. I climb down the stairs, looking back frantically like Zayn is my serial killer but he’s never there. I wonder why he was up there though. I mean I have noticed that he was pretty distant and since he had a sketch pad, I take it that he’s pretty good at drawing.

After a few more floors of climbing stairs, I finally get to Louis and I’s flat. I reach the door and look from left to right for Zayn; yeah I’m taking this way too seriously. I open the door slowly, rushing in but only to slam the door in the process. “Harry?” I hear Louis call from the hallway; I’m assuming he was in his bedroom.

“Yes?” I let out a breathless whisper, leaning against the front door. He comes walking out of the hallway with the same clothes on he had on earlier. He looks at the clock on the wall and looks back at me with a questioning glance, “Harry you left here at 11 and come back at almost 1 in the morning? That had to be one heck of a long conversation with your mum,” he cocks his head to the side with one hand on his waist. Shit this is sassy and suspicious Louis, what do I tell him? Do I tell him the truth? No I can’t do that.

“Well?” I bite on lip still trying to think of something. “Well what?” I stall and he takes a deep breath, “Harry what are you stalling? What is going on with you? Ever since yesterday morning you’ve been acting weird,” he looks up slightly at me with his deep blue eyes. Gosh they’re so gorgeous, snap out of it Tamia!

I decided to defend myself, “Louis why are you getting worked up because I called my mum and had a long conversation with her? I mean why worry over small things like that?” his face drops from worry to slight hurt then to a scowl, like how the hell did he do that I’ll never know.

“Harry are you keeping a secret from me?” yes I answer, inside my head of course.

“No,” I avoid his gaze because his eyes are practically staring into my soul.

“No?” he smacked me on the forehead, I know this fat ass did not just hit me? I hold my forehead while Louis yells at me, “Why are you lying to me Harry? I know you’re lying because you won’t even look me in the eye,” he looks at me like he’s disgusted with my presence. For some reason when he looked at me like that, I felt so small. Yeah weird I know.

“Louis did you really had to hit me?!” I whined and he rolled his eyes. I take this to hit him back on the forehead, childish I know but he started it! When my hand came into contact with his forehead his hair slightly fell into his eyes. He looked up slowly at me with the scariest expression on his face, shit why did I do that? I stepped back but only to meet with the front door, shit. Louis smiles evilly and gets in my face while I’m scared shitless.

“Harry are you scared?” he smiles evilly and I try to resist but my eyes go wide which he smirks at. He steps back, “Harry just go to bed because you have your date so I’m going to bed,” he walks away but to look back at me with the dirtiest expression he could muster and went to his room with the door slamming in the background.

I look around the room, what the hell just happened? I go into my room to change into a pair of boxers so I can go asleep. I get into the bed and pull the black covers over my body, sighing into the bliss of the comforting bed. I drift off to sleep but I hear distant sniffing coming from down the hall.