Ch. 4: The Night Before All Hell Broke Loose

Mia POV:

“Will that be all ma’am?” the perky girly voice speaks out of the red speaker to my mom. We’re at Chick-Fil-A drive-thru to get food at our favorite fast food restaurant. I look at the clock on the radio and see that it’s 9:00 PM but I notice my mom is staring at me from the corner of my eye. I look at her in confusion and she nods her head to the speaker. “Yeah mom, that’s all I want,” I smile at her and pull out my phone of my front pocket to look at Zayn, Liam, and I’s picture…again. I press the on button but to see that I have a text from my friend Asia.

“Yes ma’am, that’s all.” my mom speaks politely back into the speaker. “$10.95 ma’am and go to the first window please,” my mom drives off to the first window but we stop at the bushes since there’s a car in front of us. I look back down at my phone to check the text from Asia.

From: Asia 9:02 PM

“Omg girl did you have fun meeting One Directiong?! I hope you didn’t get ratchet because we all know you’re thirsty!”

I burst out in a fit of cackles and my mom looks at me weirdly but I wave her off only to say, “Asia,” and she immediately understood. I mean why would she spell it out as One Directiong like no Asia!

To: Asia 9:03 PM

“Lol girl I didn’t get ratchet unless you say arguing with Harry is ratchet then yeah!”

 I press send waiting for her to flip her shit because she likes them all but she haves a soft spot for the curly asshole but her favorite is Liam. My mom finally gets to the first window for the perky girl to open the windows to receive the money. I notice that it’s April from my Sociology class, “Hey April!” I smile cheerfully and she gives me a cheerful hey back.  I feel my hand vibrate to signal I have another text.

From: Asia 9:03 PM

“Omg, what did you do? And did you talk to the other boys?” I smile to myself because I know she would flip her shit if she sees the picture. I open a new message for a media text so I can send the picture to her with the caption “I’ll explain Harry later and I took a pic with these two Sex Gods!” I smile to myself because I know she’ll be fangirling. I feel something hot on my bare legs and I look down in alarm only to find the bag with our food in it. I look at my mom with a playful glare and she smiles back evilly.

I put the food on the floor and she puts the cups in the cup holders then she drives off. I wait for Asia to text back. I get a vibrating ring again and I smile like an idiot and open the message.

From: Asia 9:06 PM

“You have to call me when you get home and explain all this to me. LOVE THE PIC BY THE WAY!!! Liam is too sexy.”

I laugh softly and text her back an okay. Just for a heads up, yes we’re black girls but we’re not really ghetto or ratchet like that, to be honest we’re I guess kind of making fun of people that do act like that.

                                                                                                ***

I get out of the car with the food and hold my drink while my mom gets her drink after cranking off the car. She gets her keys out of her purse so we can get into our apartment. I wait for her to open the door and rush inside when she does since I’m so excited to tell Asia what happened. I put our food on the table and grab my waffle fries and chicken sandwich with my lemonade to head straight off to my room. Yeah my mom let’s me eat in my room, I’m so lucky!

I put my food on my computer desk and settle in on my unmade bed while I’m sipping on my drink. I pull out my phone to call Asia. She answers on the second ring, “Hey girl!”