VIII

Niyah P.O.V

I smiled as Trevan pulled me back to his chest from behind and kissed on my neck. Our relationship had been going strong for a full month now. If we don't see each other everyday we were texting.

He takes me to school every morning and brings me home unless something happens involving his "job". Anyways he keeps me happy and spoils me with anything I want. Which was why I was the only girl in school walking around with Jimmy Choo heels on my feet.

"Bae what you want"?

Trevan asked me in my ear as he continued holding me from behind. We were currently standing in line at McDonald's because their drive thru line was too long.

"A McChicken with cheese, large fry, and a oreo McFlurry".

I answered lacing my fingers through his. We moved up in line and he began ordering our food. I couldn't help but to scan the entire restaurant while waiting. It was something I did out of habit.

While observing the room my eyes fell on round hazel eyes that looked all too familiar. I squinted in his direction until it hit me. It couldn't be...

"Anthony"?

I asked out loud. He looked at me confused for a moment before his eyes widened in shock. I smiled and pulled out of Trevan's embrace to walk over to him.

"Janiyah"?

I giggled as he pulled me into a tight and warm hug. Just being in his arms brought back memories.

"You even sexier than the last time I seen you".

He said once he pulled away. I slapped his chest as he let out a deep chuckle.

Anthony was an old friend of mine from my childhood. We began to date in the beginning of 8th grade year before he left town.

"Damn I haven't seen you since 8th grade".

I told him crossing my arms over my chest. His eyes landed on my breasts before his attention focused on my face again.

"Yeah. Moms was tweaking".

He shook his head as his eyes flickered from my chest to my face. I felt a hand on my lower back making me turn around look up.

"You good"?

Trevan's deep voice asked me before looking at Anthony.

"Um yea. Trevan this Anthony my fri-"

"Her ex boyfriend. But we never officially broke up".

Anthony cut me off before I could finish my sentence. I looked at him with confusion evident on my face. If I could remember correctly we broke up the day that he left. Shrugging I decided to brush it off.

"Okay. Um Anthony this is my boyfriend Trevan".

I stood there awkwardly as the two of them just looked at each other.

"So how's Mama Jen"?

I asked Anthony in attempts to break the thick tension between the two. His mom was like a mom to me. She took care of me and Kiera like we were her own. We used to go over his house literally all the time. 8th grade was the shit.

"She coo. Still bugging like always".

He said as we both began to laugh. Trevan grabbed ahold of my hand just as our ticket number was called to collect our food.