XXIII

I love each and every one of you who enjoy this book! You guys inspire me to keep writing ❤️
_______________

Niyah P.O.V

My life began to fast forward at a rapid pace. It seemed as if I was watching myself, like I wasn't in my own body.

I remember grabbing Ayden quickly and putting him into his car seat. My mom ran out to the car asking what was wrong but I couldn't reply. All I could think of was getting to Tre as fast as I could, I had immediately thought of the worst.

The time frame between finding out what happened up until now seemed like 5 minutes when in actuality it had been close to an hour. We were now in the waiting room doing nothing but waiting.

I bounced my leg as Ayden sat on my lap. He was asleep peacefully against my chest, unaware of what was going on around him. Laying my head against my sons, I begin praying silently to myself. For my cousin, and the love of my life. Not only was he that but he was my sons father, and I couldn't raise him on my own.

Shaking my head, I tried to push the negative thoughts to the back of my mind. Everyone was sitting around being quiet, not having anything to say. My mom, dad, Trevan's mom, Trey's mom, and Kiera of course. I couldn't even see Kiera's face being that it was hidden in her arms. Her knees were pulled to her chest and her arms were folded on top of them.

I was becoming irritated with waiting. I didn't understand what was taking them so long to tell us what was going on. If it wasn't something serious why couldn't they just let us know that they were okay? Getting up from my seat, I cradled Ayden in my arms and walked over to the reception desk.

"Yall still don't know anything? We been sitting here for a whole hour." I tapped on the desk to get the attention of the woman who stood behind it.

"Ma'am, I told you someone will come out here when they have information for you. If you will please have a se-"

"No fuck that. Somebody would have came out here if it wasn't serious. Yall know something. Somebody need to tell me something." I snapped irritated.

"Niyah calm down. Come here." I felt my mother's hands grab both of my shoulders, trying to lead me back towards my seat.

"Im going to have no choice but to call security if she dosen't calm down."

"Call they ass bitch I don't care." I sat down in my seat, rolling my eyes. At this point I was beyond stressed out and just wanted to hear something.

"Baby stop it. You have to calm down. You're only going to make things worst." Taking in my mother's words I let out a frustrated sigh. Tears began to well up in my eyes and I felt my body began to shake. My emotions were all over the place.

"I just want him to be okay." I sniffed.

"He will be baby. All we can do is pray and wait. Just relax." She coached rubbing my back.

A couple of minutes went by before a black woman in white scrubs came out from the back of the hospital. She had came out before but called another family's name.

"Family of Trevan Wright?"

I hopped up immediately, waking up Ayden in the process. He began crying and whining making me pat his back to soothe him.

"Yes I'm his girlfriend. Is everything okay?"

"Trevan suffered a broken arm and afew scrapes and bruises. Other than that he is just fine." I let out a deep breath, putting my hand over my heart. Thank you lord.

"Can I see him?"

"Yes he is in room 220. The young man that was with him, is he your family as well?"