XXII

Niyah P.O.V

"What I tell y'all about giving my baby all this milk? It's hot as hell outside." I rolled my eyes watching as my mom took Ayden's bottle and poured his milk out in the kitchen sink.

"He like milk mama he don't drink nothing else." I sighed picking Ayden up from the floor. He was currently trying to get into any and everything and wouldn't sit still. Basically, he was doing what he always did; being bad.

"What mommy stink doing? Huh?" I grinned in his face as he spit bubbles out from his mouth.

We were all currently at my mother's house for this barbecue she and Trevan's mom were hosting today. I swear they were always doing something wether it was a party, barbecue, game night, you name it. The enjoyed hosting parties and getting all of our family together. Since it was the both of our families, it always ended up being alot of people.

"Here let him drink some juice. It's 100% apple juice." I grabbed the sippy-cup from her and gave it to Ayden. He almost immediately threw the cup onto the ground but I caught it just before it could fall.

"I told your Nana you don't like this." I shook my head as he squirmed around in my arms trying to get down. My baby was so busy and couldn't even walk yet.

"C'mon let's go see what your big head dada doing." I held him up on my hip and walked towards the back of the house. Trevan had gotten stolen away like he always did as soon as we got here. Between his uncles and/or my dad they always had him and Trey setting up or helping out with something.

Walking out the back door I entered the backyard to see afew of my cousins, Tre's uncle Rick and my dad all doing different things. My dad was barbecuing while Tre and Uncle Rick put together tiki torches and tents for outside.

"Janiyah you're auntie is on her way with the balloons. You gotta show her where to put them when she get here." My mom spoke coming out of the door behind me.

"No mama y'all ain't about to trick me into setting up." I groaned. She was always trying to put me to work like it was my idea to have a barbecue.

"Don't nobody gotta trick you. You gone do it 'cuz I said so." My face fell into a frown.

"Ma this yo' party." I whined walking down the steps and into the yard.

"Daddy tell mama to leave me alone." I stood by him watching him flip the steaks that were on the grill. The smell of them made my mouth water instantly.

"I ain't getting in that." My daddy shook his head, not even looking up at me. I smacked my teeth and sighed.

"King! Hey King." I turned to the side seeing my little cousin Diamond running up to me and Ayden. He immediately begin smiling at her showing all of his gums.

"Hey Niyah you look pretty." She smiled looking up at me.

My hair was slicked into a neat low bun and my makeup was simple. I wore a fitted blue and white day dress that came to my knee. It showed all of my curves but still allowed me to look modest. Coach flip flops adorned my feet and I only wore a necklace for jewelry.

"Thanks Diamond you do too. Where's your mom?" I asked referring to my favorite auntie, Brielle.

"She in the house somewhere." She said making me laugh. Diamond was only 7 and she acted so much older than her age. My Auntie Brielle was only 24 which is more than likely the reason she is my favorite aunt.

She was my mother's little sister, and we got along so well because she was only 5 years older than me. My mom told me we used to do everything together until Brielle got too grown and began moving too fast paced for me. Which resulted in her having Diamond at the age of 17.