XXV

I am almost done with the book.
Only five chapters left!
Enjoy😘
Excuse any errors or mistakes
_________________________

Niyah P.O.V

"I don't even know what this is." I sat up against the headboard, looking at the tv in confusion.

"Don't Be A Menace."

"Awe. Never seen it." I shrugged, grabbing another sour gummy worm. I could feel Trevan staring a hole in my face from his spot in the bed, next to me.

"I knew yo' ass wasn't black." He shook his head, turning his attention back towards the tv.

"What?" I laughed. "I am black."

"Bro, if you never seen Don't Be a Menace yo' ass ain't black."

I smacked my teeth. "Just because I haven't seen this doesn't mean I am not black."

"Yeah okay."

I shifted in my spot, trying to get comfortable. It was a little too cool in our room with the AC on. Instead of getting up to turn it down, I wrapped myself up in a blanket.

"You talked to your mom?" I looked over at Tre who simply shook his head "no". I sighed loudly.

"Tre." I whined.

"Janiyah she wanna choose a nigga over me that's on her." He said with the most serious expression on his face. It was going on two days since we were introduced to his mother's boyfriend and Trevan has not spoken to her since.

Mama Rica had been hiding him for almost a year, afraid if how Tre would react. It was hilarious to me how much he was in his feelings because his mother had found love. Trevan was such a mama's boy it was ridiculous.

"How did she choose him over you?" I held in the laugh I desperately wanted to let out. He was being dramatic.

"Man, she told me couldn't nobody come between us."

"Okay and where did she lie? He's not coming between y'all."

"Man he be taking my mama on trips and shit. I ain't even been seeing her like I used to." He said with most serious expression on his face.

I chuckled, as I climbed out of the bed. "You should call her Trevan." I could hear him mumble something on my way out of our room but I decided to ignore it. I did not feel like going back and forth with him.

I turned down the AC and walked into the kitchen. I felt like cooking but I didn't know exactly what I wanted to eat. I opened the refrigerator seeing a couple combinations I could eat but I knew didn't want.

"Tre." I called his name as I climbed the stairs.

"Yea bae."

"What you wanna eat?" I sat on the edge of the bed, picking up my phone.

"It don't matter. You trying to cook?"

"I mean I could." I shrugged. "But it don't matter to me we could go out."

"Yeah let's go out. We can get dinner downtown."

I smiled at the thought and got kind of excited. It would be fun to get cute and go out as family.

I quickly thought of something to wear for Ayden and myself. I took a quick shower, leaving Trevan to bathe Ayden.

"You almost ready?" Tre entered the room, as I slipped into a pair of heels.

"Yup. I'm ready now."

Looking at Trevan, I smiled in satisfaction. He was dressed in a navy blue Polo shirt with a white horse, dark denim jeans, and navy blue and white Jordans. Ayden wore the same shoes and jeans with a navy blue Tommy Hilfiger polo.