Homecoming

So I know getting some answers was pretty weak and rather lame so I'm going to try to make it up with this chapter.... What big secret hides in this one???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***************************

Starting the car i speed down the road, getting home in record time. Than's at the door to greet me and I know he knows something's wrong. Mainly because the second I go to step into the threshold he grabs me and pulling me back he closes the door.

"There's a reason it's called a test my moon, it always hurts but you did it correct?"

"The fact that you would even question that Than, god what kind of mentor are you?" I listen it up with a smile, but I'm slightly offended still.

"I've seen it happen, just got to make sure. I mean if you could see your face right now. Even as you smile, your eyes are trying you tell a secret that you refuse to."

"He said things, before he died...." I whisper not wanting to talk about it.

"I know what ever he said is tuff to accept but know that when your ready, you can always talk to me Nokomis."

" I would hope so Than...." I tell him, opening the door with a sigh.

"I mean it Nokomis" he say grabbing my waist," you can trust me." But can I really? I go inside and everyone greats me with straight faces.

"It is done" I inform them seriously " he is dead, and the world is better for it" I look at them all before going to he kitchen to sit.

"Congratulations you did your job, his death is already spreading through the world." Adriana tells me sitting down.

"Thank you, now if you don't mind I think I would like to go home soon."

"Sadly, for you.." She begins and Than comes in

" up Nokomis" he demands me and I rises " living room now!" And I go. " Nineteen years ago, the maker decided one of us need blond hair and now she stands before us finalizing her test. Nokomis will be a hunter, that is her finally job. She hunts with seriousness and determination." I will be a hunter, not a mother..... Then I'm aloud to drink, from burbin to rume and all the way to daqella. It's a great way to forget, but also a great way to get hurt. If not for Than taking me home I know someone would have slept with me tonight, and I would hate myself in the morning.

"Don't let anyone in" he tells me at my door, as he unlocks it. "Not even me, trust no one tonight." Then when my doors unlocked he's gone....

Why can't I trust anyone? I wonder to myself as I go inside and lock the door, then I stagger to my room and lay down unable to fall asleep all because of Than. What the hell did he mean? If I can't at least trust him, then something bad must be happening tonight, or I could be wrong and Than's just being his usual paranoid self...

Even after I fall asleep, I have trouble staying that way, and I'm up once more three hours later at five in the morning. I wounder if he ment tonight as in tonight, or before I fell asleep. Trust no one.

As I question Than's mindset, I get out of bed and get my journal from the car. I run my hand over his bloody tear and sigh, why'd he trash the room? Why'd he cry on this? What's wrong with Than? To distract myself I make breakfast, and read all my old entrees. I was such a fool growing up and really weak, I mean my word I complained about everything! Skipping a page I begin to write, putting today's date on tope, which happens to be June,19, 2027. Then I write my heart out, putting in all my worries, pains and questions. I write about Than, tender boy, and Soteriosn too, as well as about the party and being a hunter In the end I've filled up five pages and I feel better when I'm finished so I go back to bed....

I wake with a start, sick of hearing some voice telling me to ask Than what he gave up for me, I don't understand. I look at my clock and its just reaching the three thirty mark, I slept for just barley six hours, and I'm all to happy to get up and shower away all the grim, while I can get drunk I can't get a hang over and that's a great thing let me tell you. As the water gets really hot I sit down, and let it warm my body rinsing away what it can, then washing away the rest, i stay in the water for a good forty five minutes, before drying off and going to my closet.

It's not too big, but its perfect for me. Pulling out a black, skin tight mini dress I turn around and run into Than.

"Sorry, Than" I say with a smile.

"Dress quickly" he tells me before leaving and I do, quickly slipping on heels, hiding a knife in a thigh sheath and brushing my hair before going to Than.

"We're leaving" he tells me, and I suddenly remember him telling me to trust no one not even him.

"It can wait than, I have my own schedule." I try not to squeak when he stares into my eyes.

"Nokomis!" He growl and I flinch, not backing down.

"Leave Than." I growl and surprisingly he does. But, he killed my need to go out. Great, so I change into a pair of flannel pajama paints and a sports bra...

When I wake up, it about two in the afternoon so I get up and go down stairs to make a sandwich, but Adriana's here." Hello, I'm sorry I'm not excepting visitors right now, so leave." Then I make my ham and cheese sandwich, and rush back up stairs. I spend the day reading my journal, writing in my journal, thinking about my dream about asking Than what he gave up and retreading Soterios's file.

Before I know it, the days up. I drink a lot of whiskey to make me sleep, and I hope with all my might I won't have any more nightmares. I don't understand how a creature such as me has nightmares, but I do. However, thankfully my sleep is a dreamless one but I still wake with a start.

"Than..." I whisper staring at him.

"Hello my moon, how are you?"

"Shocked! Why are you in my room Than?"

"I'm here with your first job...."

"That's nice but..." I might as well ask him right? Right? Oh my word am I panicking? " we need to talk first."

"Is all well?"

"What did you give up for me Than?" I whisper staring at my fighting hands fearfully.... Oh no what if he asks why I'm asking?

"A lot,but that's in the past. Don't worry about a thing."

"Than, tell me! Now!"

" you don't want to know, just me my moon."

"Tell me...." I say, looking into his eyes.

"I gave up my position, my family and my life. It sounds weird but I ran our organization but I gave that up for you, my family or well the little ones I raised hate me and then there's my life.... People wanted to kill you, a lot of people thought something as wrong with you because of your hair, but I loved it right away. In exchange for you they killed me, but the maker forced me back up to face the world and I began to protect you with my everything."

"Why'd you do that Than, give up everything?"

"Ths is the last thing I say, then I must go. I'll be back tomorrow you best be ready then okay?"

"Tell me!" I demand and he does.

"Because I love you, my moon. Not how Adriana loves you or how Ryu loved you. I love you, because your amazing, you learned to fight so well and so fast it amazed me. Your special,a and so breathtakingly beautiful, smart and mouthy. I love you and I gave up my life for that fact." And he's gone...