Out

I wake as he puts me in a car and looking out the window I see the rest of my messed up little family group thing, including Than. They look angry, scared and happy. Wait, happy? What the hell! As Lucius begins to drive away I open the door and roll on out. He almost runs me over as my skin in rubbed away by the road until Xan swoops me up in his arm and Lucius flys out of the car.

"Look here boy," he begins only to get a face full of Caden's fist. As they begin to fight Xan takes me away and I grind my teeth from the pain on road rash and missing flesh. Xan walks to the house across the street and opens the unlocked door, walks to a bedroom and sits me down.

"I'm going to clean your body so you can sleep better because it has to hurt. Leaving he comes back with a rather large first aid kit. Pulling out a pair of scissors he says, "I'm going to cut all the dying flesh and such..... "

As he works on my body I focus on the fact that I'm out of there and that I can't hear any fighting. My whole body hurts till he starts rubbing some liquid on my body. It's cold and refreshing and it makes me so tired that I begin to nod off. I fall asleep to the sound of his sweet laughter...

I awaken because someone's carrying me, when I look up and see who it is I snuggle up into Sateru's chest.

"Hello Nokomis" he says softly.

"Where are we going?" I mumble sleepily.

"Back to the safe house, you were dumb to try and leave like that but I'm relieved to see your rather okay."

"It's been a long day." Something weird happens and suddenly were in my empty room. He lays me on my bed and I pull him down with me. I snuggle up into him and he's carful not to touch my wounds when he raps me in his arms and kisses my forehead.

"Be here when I wake up, please" I whisper putting my face into the crook of his neck.

"I promise I'll be here," he whispers and I allow my eyes to drift close and sleep to take me over...

I awaken still in his arms so I burrow into him enjoying his heat and I'm happy. I feel him chuckle and it's a lovely sound too." Good morning to you too."

"Your so warm and I'm not"

"Well then let's see how warm we can get you." He puts his body Flush against mine, entangling out lag. Laughing I snuggle as close as possible and his arms hold me waist as tight as he dare.

"Your so warm," I laugh sweetly and he laughs in responce

"She told me," he says quietly in my ear and I blush, "the council passed it on one condition."

"Wait what?!?" I exclaim pulling away and looking into his eyes.

"You have to give Xan a chance, he was created for you."

"Xan?"

"Yes, give him a try."

"Do you want me to", pausing I think of how that sounds. "Give him a try I mean."

"Not exactly but you should anyways"

"Do you wish for me the same as I wish for you?"

"We shall talk of that after your date tonight."

"Tonight?" I exclaim, " don't you guys know how to give a girl a brake?"

"Oh shush, you'll enjoy being with him after all that's what he was created for."

"And if I don't want him? what then?"

"Then you have me," oh.

"Well I'm going to go back to sleep now," I mumble burrowing back in.

"Do not fret tonight Nokomis," he whispers in my ear. "I know you'll make the right decision no matter what it is..." I fall asleep enshrouded By his warm embrace...