Hoodie Allen

"I wanna go where the lights are low and the dreamers are chasing,

I wanna live like we don't know much but we know we're gonna make it,

And I don't wanna spend another night alone,

I wanna go 'cause if we don't leave now,

Then we're never gonna make it home"

-Make it Home

http://youtu.be/xV_vpGYMXPs

Wes

"There's so much out there for us Wes," I say looking at the stars. There's so much. More than I could even imagine. More than time could tell. "There's so much that we're letting go. This place, this town, it's holding us back from what we could be. We have so much ahead of us that we'll never see if we just sit here. This place is doing us no good. There's nothing special here. You could go off and be a singer but you're not trying. What's holding you back? I'm about to start college, we'll go separate ways. You'll forget about me and I you, so, what's holding you? Why aren't you trying to proceed your dream. You have too much potential to let it go to waste. I'll go on with my life and you'll be here, dreading not going to make your dreams happen. Though, I'm going to college, that's not my dream. I don't want to become some, some stuck up bitch. I want to go out and do me. Make my dreams come true instead of mommy and daddy buying them for me. I don't want that, Wes," I turn my head to look at him. I squeeze my legs closer to my chest and sigh. He's starring at the waves. Watching them smack into one another, going free. Smacking against the rocks without a care. I want to be like a wave. Not care and go where the pull takes me. I want to be happy and free. I look at the sand and play with it. I want to be like the sand that slips in-between your toes. I want to be the cool summer night breeze that has you reminiscing about things you will cherish forever. "I know I said I would forget about you, Wes, but that was only to let you go. To go with your dreams because I'm another factor that's holding you back. But in all honesty, I don't want to go another day without you. I don't want to be alone because I need you as much as I need air. I need you like plants need sun and children need love. I need you more than you'll ever know because you are the only thing I want, have, and need. You're all I truly have, Wes," tears start free falling and by the end I'm whispering. I'm not the type to be cliché but I'm afraid of losing him. He keeps you going. "I want to run away, Wes. I want to go far from here. I want to explore, find out who I am. I want to meet new people and learn about them. I want to take my experience with it all and keep it with me. I want to get something from every place and keep it as a memory. I want to try new things and learn about other cultures. I want to live freely. I want to be a free spirit and I know it might never happen, but Wes, that's my dream. I've only told you the dream my parents want me to have but this is the real one and in this one, you're with me. You're by my side learning and seeing just as much as I am. I'm there for you and you're there for me, but you can't be there. You won't be doing what you want and I'm tired of holding you back. I'm tired of being that little tie that's keeping you from doing as you please. I'm tired of everything," I laugh. It's a big joke. My life's a joke and I'm just a puppet to my parents.

"Then why don't we go, pack our stuff and leave. Why don't we go from town to town, state to state, and meet new people. I could play and sing on corners and we could find ways to help others that would help us in return. I'd still be doing my dream because I only want to sing for people, not get the money or be famous. I want people to just hear it and enjoy it. I want people to feel what I'm putting into the music. I want them to understand and just listen to what I'm putting out. I think if we do travel, now would be the time or it'll be too late. Right now we are trying to find out who we really are and if we wait any longer, our time will be taken away. Maybe we will find our true home, where we belong and we're accepted. Where we relate to everyone there and we'll call it home," he looks me in the eyes. I smile through the tears and finally see my dreams slowly becoming reality.