Decisions

Decisions

It wasn't something new or odd. You always fought and you've never met a couple who hasn't but you were pissed. Drew always seemed to have a reason for blaming you and putting shit on your shoulders. It was like he had a thing for not manning up to his mistakes and pushing them on whoever could take them. Either you do as he says or it's the highway. He might not rub off that way but deep down he was a hard headed, stubborn person who made you see the clear picture of things, whether it's your fault or not. You do as he says, you do it now, and you do it right there or there's trouble to be brewed. He was still a kind, loving character but when his mind was set on a matter, you see it the way he does or there's no way of seeing anything on the subject. Even though he was pushy, stubborn, and hard headed, he was still sometimes right and that's why you butted heads. You both were not the type to agree to something you disagree to spare feelings. Either you were right or you were fucking right, no in between. Whether he was right or not, you were not going to back down on the facts you were giving. Your family could easily state that. Ever since you could talk, you were not the type to admit faults. It was petty, dumb, and quit embarrassing to say anything of the sort. Whatever was to come out of your mouth was to be correct and no way around it. You could argue hours upon hours why the sky was blue when Drew could argue on why it was not based upon the oceans reflections. It was simply not blue because of the ocean. He could give basic facts on how we evolved from something from such as under the sea but you give that God did us all justice of giving us the brains we have. You could argue women are stronger than men and it was to clear to see that through nature but he was there to push you back a few steps in your game by giving dumb bullshit on how men are the only ones to do work for the world. You seen the big picture on that though; men were the ones building yet breaking the world but he was too hard headed on the fact women were still stronger. Yeah, he spreads matters on the fact of the destroying of the earth and nature but he doesn't realize it's man who destroys beautiful things, yet he still argues that men are stronger. Maybe the destroying of beauty doesn't show any kind of strength but it shows selfishness and no remorse and that's enough for you to show men are weak for having to take to feel on top. One thing you couldn't hold back on was the fact Drew did spread awareness and that he was an inspiration too many, no one could take that from him. You were always lucky and felt lucky to have such a person but you just butted heads more than needed.

"You never clean," Drew scrunches his face in disbelief and disgust.

"I am not to clean. I pay for this house, the least you could do was clean. Don't expect me to do a women's job," and there he goes with discrimination of women.

"Cleaning is not meant for women. It's an even chore and I believe you should do something around the house every once and awhile, Drew. I need help and you're never here," you get out through some kind of growl, far from animalistic but mean enough to be feared from.

"If I pay bills, you clean. It's simple," he calmly states only to piss you off, something he was quit good at. Something that ticked you off in arguments were that Drew always kept calm and quiet unless he was mad enough.

"I pay bills, too. Don't forget the little things, Drew. They add up after awhile and I'd appreciate if you did a few things every once in awhile," you slam your hands on the island opposite of Drew, who was reading the paper over coffee. Coffee you made, that is.

"I do what's need to be done," he gives you no mind as he reads over the bullshit the news gives off.

"You obviously don't do enough if I have to nag and yell at you for help," you were in a bad mood since you woke up, if it wasn't clear to see, and Drew was just getting you down more with his nonchalant answers.

"Maybe if you stopped nagging on me like my ex, I might help. I never got with you to be treat the way I was once before. That's why I broke it off and I did not come in this relationship wanting to be treat like this," he bangs his mug down, throwing the paper, and stares you down.

"I am nothing like your ex, never compare us two. I see why she nagged on you, though. If you really hate how I treat you, maybe I should just leave. I'm obviously no longer wanted, right?"

"Right. Well I'm just gonna go," with no answer you move to the room to pack. You get everything and head down the stairs, ready to leave and just be gone. Things have been turning out this way lately and you were finally starting to get the feeling of loneliness and a loose of need in the house anymore. You were ready for something new and the fact he compared you to his ex cut the ties right there. You knew when you weren't needed and you were taking your chance now while it was still here. You move to the door, ready to get away, but you were pushed against the door.

"You're not leaving until we work it out and then you can make decisions."

-------------

REQUEST

FEED BACK