Keaton's first 'I love you'

Keaton was distant lately and you didn't know why. It was upsetting to see the one you love walk away from you and stop any form of communication. You tried talking to him and asking what was wrong but his answers were clipped and short. You hated it and you wanted to work whatever it was out. You were tired of him walking on glass and being short with you. You wanted answers and you needed them now.

You walk to Keaton's house and knock on the door. It was opened to a cheerful Wes and you asked where Keaton was. He simply said he was asleep but didn't want to talk.

"I want answers, Wes! What is wrong with him? I did nothing to him and he's pushing me away! I want to know," you stomp your foot because this whole subject made you mad. What could you've done to make him that mad at you?

"It's not my business to tell but come back later and maybe he'll work it out with you," he nods to you and you go back home.

Days pass and your feeling of loneliness sets in. Keaton was your best friend and he was dropping you like a sack of potatoes on a Sunday morning, dammit, how couldn't you be mad? You had every right to be upset with the little twit.

Dark clouds roll in as you hurry to Keaton's. A drop falls and you can tell it's about to down pour. You knock onto the door to come face to face with an upset looking Keaton.

"What do you want?"

"I want to know where my best friend went! I want to know what I did so wrong to upset you and what made you stop talking to me. What did I do to you, Keaton? What possibly could I of done to make you this pissed at me," tears blur your vision as rain soaks you. Keaton didn't bother letting you in but you didn't want to come in and converse, you wanted the untold answers to your unsolved questions!

"Nothing's wrong. Nothing you need to worry about," he crosses his arms and watches you.

"I'm so done, Keaton. I'm done worrying about what I did to you and what's wrong with you. I'm done trying to please you and keep this friendship going because obviously you don't care about it. I'm tired of having to worry about if I'm going to piss you off with what I'm doing or not. I'm done," you turn around and walk through the looting rain.

"Wait. Come back," he yells to you but you keep walking. He catches up and pulls your arm.

"I said stop," he pants.

You rip your arm away and walk away from him.

"Stop it, dammit," he grabs your arms and kisses you.

"I love you, ok? I'm madly, deeply in love with you and it was becoming too much for me to handle. I thought it would ruin what we have so I thought maybe if I distance myself from you, my love for you would go away. Maybe if I didn't talk to you for awhile I wouldn't feel anything but I'm hurting. I need you and I know no matter how much I truly want you, I can't have you. You deserve so much more but I'm selfish enough to take you for myself. I just really love you," he yells, all his emotions showing. Tears roll down your cheek as you realize how much you love him yourself and how much you need him.

"These past couple weeks have been the worst in my whole life and I can't go another day without you," he kisses you once more as the rain comes down harder soaking you both entirely.