Ghost

"Please," was barely heard as your hip tingled. "Please, babe."

You toss your body to the other side of the bed as tears rush down your cheeks. This can't be happening, he's gone. He's not with you anymore but you know he still has to be here. You can feel his presences as your body tingles, it's like he's holding you. Like the old days as you two would rest in each other's arms. He would be there, smiling. He knew you felt his presences but the more you lost hope in him truly being there, the more he drifted to the other side.

His picture rested on your wooden side table. His smile bright with a look of love within him. He was the most delicate yet fierce human being you've met in your life. He was beyond caring but if you said one little thing that slipped by accident, he would unintentionally take it personally. He had the most fiery passion a human being could ever have and his love for everyone and everything shown brightly through his loving personality. It happened so fast, out of nowhere. It hurt and even though it was months ago, it felt like it happened just yesterday. He promised you.

"Drew, come back," you yell through the door way as he sped walked down the hall. "Look, I'm sorry. I was wrong, I'll admit it. Can we just work this out? Please," you plead and he stops at the end of the hall. You snatch his arm in your hand and yank him to you. "Listen to me dammit," you tug his arm. His body comes closer to yours and you hold his arm tighter. "I just don't want you to leave me. It's the thought that I might lose you. I don't want to lose you," tear spill from your eyes and you let go of him to cover your face. "I don't want to lose you," you mumble through your hands. He harshly pulls you to him and holds you tight. You legs become weak with anxiety caressing through your body.

"Listen to me! How many times do I have to tell you I'll be fine? I'll be fine, ok? I will," he picks you up and moves back to the bed where you both lay down. It can't be that bad, right? It's not forever.

"Please stay," you begged of him. You had a bad feeling, something was going to happen.

"Look, it's only going to be a year. I'll write you everyday to let you know everything's going great. It's not like I'm fighting, I'm just patrolling. Nothing's going to happen," he holds you tight and your head rest in the nape of his neck. You had so much to say but you didn't know how to get it out. You had little time left with each other and here you were just laying down.

You take a deep breath and move his arms from around you. You slowly wrap your legs around his waist and stare in his eyes. You can tell his eyes are red from exhaustion and worry. You move till your hands are resting heavily by his head.

"What are you doing?", his eyes squint in curiosity as he sees your body hovering over him.

You take one hand away from the bed and rest it on his face without saying a word. You loved, Drew. So much it hurt to even think about how much you really do. You needed him in your life for as long as possible.

You run your thumb over his crinkled forehead, running through ever dip and line smoothing them out. Your thumb runs over one eye as he closes it and down his nose. Your whole hand runs over his stubbled cheek and to his perfect chin. Your pointer and middle finger lightly move a crossed his parched lips. Before you could move your hand, your fingers were in his mouth. He lightly sucks them and you tilt your head to the side. You move your hand from his mouth and down his thin shirt. You rub every part possible, his eyes following your every move. You make it to the hem of his shirt and run your hand under it. You feel every sculpted part of his body, running through dips and alleys. You rub his sides as automatic goosebumps appear. You wanted to remember every part of his body, ever dip and every line.

Your eyes meet his with an emotionless face. His hands shoot up to your shirt and lifts it up. This never happened before, you were just friends. Best friends to be exact. You spent your whole together, you live together but you couldn't tell him your feelings. Even though you weren't together, you guys would end up touching each but nothing too sexual. Just enough to be reassured you're still here. He would go out and you would go out. You'd do your own things just as he would but even the slightest confrontation with a girl and jealousy would rot at the pit of your stomach. You tried your best to hide it but you knew he did it on purpose. Sure you've kissed but only from that stupid spin the bottle at some drunk high school house party. It was great though and you've always wanted more.