Chapter 4: Do I know you?

Chap 4: Do I know you?

"Er" I said looking at him, "by getting to get to know each other you mean?" He smiled and for a second my heart did a funny little flip flop. "By that I mean we get to know each other I mean what does the average couple know about each other? Are there any secret birth marks I should know about?" he said surveying me as if he could look at me through my clothes! I could feel my cheeks redden and I picked a cushion from the couch and smacked him on his head. "OW! I was just kidding! Jeez you are one violent chick aren't you?" I smiled at him and shrugged my shoulders. "So..." he began, "What's your favorite color?" "Purple" I said without missing a beat. "My turn" I said, what is your favorite color?" He looked at my hair and smiled, "Red." I blushed and raised my eyebrows. "Ok ummm your favorite holiday destination?" he asked. I looked at him and said, "I have never had a vacation." He looked at me like I had just said that I have a tail! "Seriously?" he asked. "Seriously" I replied with an amused smile. "Why not?" Jude continued asking. "Well my dad died when I was 5. Since then it has been a struggle for my mom and I." I felt a lump forming in my throat. "Hey where is your mom?" Jude asked. I looked at him while deciding what do I tell him. I did not want to tell him the truth and want his pity. "She stays with her umm her sisters?" Stupid Natasha! Are you asking him or telling him? He looked at me quizzically and asked, "So don't you have to tell her about your wedding?" I shook my head not trusting my voice. "No there is no need for her to know. I will visit her once in a while and within a year we are going to be single again, so no need." I said with a forced smile. He looked like he wanted to ask me something more but didn't insist. "So what does your dad do?" I asked sipping the cold coffee that Mrs. Bower had kept in front of us a few minutes back. "Erm have you ever heard of this architect called Joshua Smith?" asked Jude. I snorted on my coffee which by the way wasn't the most attractive thing to do. A huge drop landed on Jude's T shirt.

"The Joshua Smith? Joshua Smith of Smith enterprises?" I asked. Jude gave a satisfied smirk. Hell who did not know the guy? He had projects in the middle east, Asia, Europe , well just about on every continent! This guy was loaded and then some. "So you are an architect?" I asked. He nodded. Oh my future husband was an architect and I didn't even know that! He was the scion of one of the most prominent business organizations!! "So Jude, isn't your family's life very closely monitored by the media?" Jude looked at me like I was the one who discovered the sun!!! "Oh shit!" he said. I looked at him I was sort of enjoying his discomfort. He was tugging at his hair; I have to admit he kinda looked adorable like that. He looked at me pleadingly. "What?" I asked. "Oh no no no. No Jude! Do not give me the puppy eyes! What am I supposed to do? You were the one who said you have it all figured out!" I mean what was I supposed to do? His friends knew, his housekeeper knew. He had already told his parents he would be coming to visit them with me next week! "Ok" I said rubbing small circles along my temples, "let's just think. We have to be very very careful and no one can know about this sham." He nodded his head. "My parents wont announce anything until they are sure about us", said Jude. I nodded and said, "Just ask your friends to keep it under wraps and I will tell Joey." He nodded in return. Another hour passed in our attempt to get to know each other better. We could not falter now. Finally my stomach growled and Jude looked at me with amusement. He was about to say something but before he could open his mouth I said "Don't!" and he shut his mouth.

Jude's POV

We were getting to know each other much better now. We had similar tastes. We both liked Chinese food and were prison break fans. As we had asked each other every question possible that couple's ask each other in a span of atleast 5 years! We were almost done with our discussion when her stomach growled in hunger. I was about to point out that she had eaten a huge breakfast when she asked me to shut it. Honestly for a tiny person she sure ate a lot! But, obviously she didn't like it if I pointed it to her. Well which girl did? We went and grabbed lunch which was a yummy chicken casserole and mashed potatoes. After lunch Natasha got up to help Mrs. Bower who was making dinner. The girl just couldn't help herself from helping others!