Chapter 10: Revelations

Natasha’s P.O.V.

I stared as the leggy blonde untangled herself from my fiancé. Wait a minute! My fake, pretend fiancé. Of course she had to be gorgeous. I saw Jude’s startled face and then a warm smile on it and he hugged her back tightly. I felt like I couldn’t breath. Then suddenly as if he had just realized that Joey and I were there he turned to look at us sheepishly.

“Natasha, come here!”

I was glad my shaking legs didn’t give me out and I could walk quiet firmly. I walked quickly with Joey to where Jude was standing.

“Monica”, he said turning to look at the blonde, “meet my fiancé Natasha and that’s her friend Joey.”

The girl just stared at me and suddenly squealed excitedly, “Oh come here.” And pulled me into a tight hug.

“I am Jude’s cousin! We grew up together! And I find out now that he has a fiancé! Seriously Jude?” she turned to glare at her brother. I let out a breath that I didn’t realize I had been holding.

“Yeah Jude! Seriously?” I said enjoying Jude’s discomfort.

Jude gave me a glare before he turned to smile at Monica. “Sorry Sis. I was bringing her to the country next week so, I thought the whole family could meet her then.”

“The whole family?!” I yelled. The other here turned to look at me as if I had lost my mind. I smiled and blushed and lowered my voice and said, “I just thought we are meeting your parents!.” Before Jude could say anything Monica beat him to it.

“Natasha you have tamed the wild horse of the family. Of course everyone wants to meet you!” Everyone laughed at that, though Jude’s and mine seemed a little forced. Oh yeah, he and I had a lot to talk about when we reached home. Soon everyone said their good byes and we left. As soon as we put our seat belts on, I turned to Jude and said, “Care to explain?”

Jude’s P.O.V.

I knew I was in major trouble as I saw Natasha glaring at me in the car. I stalled a little as I backed the car out of the parking lot. I cleared my throat and said, “Natasha erm I was going to tell you-”

“When? When were you going to tell me Jude? When we were at your home with your parents and your family waiting for their son’s bride to be to arrive?” I winced at the hysterical tone in her voice, she was not going to let me off easily. Besides, that had exactly been my plan but when Monica showed up I had to pacify Monica as well or else she would get equally hysterical with me. I realized that Natasha had been waiting for my answer and thought that I would improvise.

“Natasha I was going to tell you tonight or latest by tomorrow.” She still stared at me and finally decided to let go. She sighed and said, “ok. Its just that I feel terrible lying to all these people. You know Joey was so happy for me and she totally began planning our future for us. She said that she could totally imagine me having gorgeous kids with you.” She said with a smile.