Chapter 11: Some more Revelations

Recap:

I rushed back up and found Jack slumped in his chair snoring. I woke him up but not before I clicked a snap of him dozing on my phone. I grinned as he looked at me confused.

I held up the bag and realization dawned on his face. “Damn! I thought I would just rest for a while!” He grabbed the bag and rushed out, I shrugged and sat down. It was going to be a long day and maybe I would have to stay the night here.

I switched on my laptop and googled Egyptian themes. I sighed as several links came up. I picked up my phone and dialed Stephanie’s cell. “Hey babe”

“Hey Jude” she replied in a hoarse voice.

“What’s up you don’t sound too good.”

“I don’t feel too good. Seems like I am coming down with something.”

“Oh. I called up to say that I will be working tonight. But if you aren’t feeling well I could come back.”

“No! no Jude you concentrate on that internship, you hear me? I will be fine. I am just going to sleep it off.”

I smiled into the phone, well that almost sounded like my old Steph.

“Alright babe, but if you need me just call ok?”

“I will.”

“I love y-” she hung up before I could complete my sentence. I shrugged it off. She really must be feeling bad.

Jack came and we started finalizing different designs for the interiors. I started assembling the room on autocad. We called in for lunch and continued working into the night. At around 9.00 p.m I threw up. I guess I really shouldn’t have eaten lunch and gone for something lighter. Jack took one look at my pale face and decided it was wrap up time.

“Go home Jude.”

“I am ok Jack.”

“Right take a look in the mirror.”

“I can do this.”

“Go home. I am leaving as well. I need to sleep.”

I felt another spasm in my stomach and decided to follow Jack’s advice.

“Ok goodnight.”

“ ‘night.”

We left the building together. On the way home I stopped by the pharmacist. I went home and saw that all lights were off. I snuck in quietly so that I didn’t wake Stephanie up. I walked quietly to our bedroom and opened the door. What I saw nearly made me pass out.

There on MY bed in MY bedroom in MY house lay MY best friend and MY girl friend on top of him. They both were so engrossed in what they were doing that they didn’t even realize I was standing in the door way.

Finally something clicked in my brain. My girl friend has been sleeping with my best friend. It kept playing in my head again and again and suddenly I found my voice.

“GET OUT BOTH OF YOU!”

They both looked up startled. “Jude!” yelled Stephanie her face pale. She couldn’t meet my eyes. I looked at Nick who didn’t know where to look.

“Jude I-” started Nick but I cut him off.

“Just get the fuck out of here Nick. I don’t want to see you ever again.”

“Same goes to you Stephanie. Get out.”

“But Jude, we’re getting married!”

I laughed humorlessly and said, “Seriously?”

When she kept on looking at me I saw in her eyes a glint. Its like she had this arrogant belief that no matter what she did I would be ok with it.

“You both have 5 minutes to get out of my house.”

Nick dressed up quickly and went out. I felt a burning rage and wanted to go after him and beat the s#it out of him! I stopped myself and instead went back inside to see that Stephanie hadn’t left yet.

“I asked you to leave my house.”

“Baby let me explain this. We are going to get past this.”

“Shut up and get out Stephanie. I trusted you. We were going to get married and you sneak around my back and sleep with my best friend?”

She looked at me for a long time then tossed her hair haughtily and walked out. That did it. I went to the closet and pulled all her belongings out and went to the front door. She was just wearing her shoes as I walked past her.

“What are you doing?”  she yelled.

I opened the door and tossed her belongings out.

“JUDE! Stop! You are ruining my stuff!”

Seriously? The slut just cheated on me with my best friend and she is bothered about me ruining her stuff? What about my life that she had just ruined? She didn’t give a damn!

She never gave a damn. All she cared about was fine dining, branded clothes, shoes, parties. How I mistook her to be a gentle and honest person I would never know.

*Flashback ends*

The sad part is, even today as I sat thinking about her betrayal I realized that I still cared about her and her betrayal still hurt, the lone tear making its way down my cheek was proof of that.

(A/N)Ok i do deserve a pat on my back! I uploaded the nect chapter in less than 24 hours!! People plz leave a comment and let me know if u liked it or if there is room for improvement. I could do with constructive criticism and loads of motivation :D thank u so much for supporting this story! i love u guys!!! <3 oh and dedicated to @shakenzie coz her comment made me want to write more :D