Chapter 9: Meeting the Bride's Family

Chapter 9: Meeting the Bride's family.

Jude's P.O.V

It was going to be a long night. We were supposed to meet Natasha's bff Joanna a.k.a Joey tonight and I had a foreboding feeling that she wanted to give me the third degree. She was the only one I think who was going to be difficult to convince. AS we left Gary's Natasha started speaking. "Oh wasn't the look on Nick and Stephanie's face priceless?" I smiled as I recalled their shocked face when Natasha and I had sung. They were pretty pissed and left almost immediately. "Hell yeah! It feels good though. Letting them know how I was feeling." I said. "I know right?!" Natasha said enthusiastically. "So" began Natasha hesitantly "ummmm Jude, I think Joey wants to question you tonight." I pondered over this and sighed.

"She's your best friend right?

"uhuh"

"What exactly is she going to ask me?"

"I think she is going to try and see whether you truly love me etc etc."

"Isn't that supposed to be your family's job?"

"She is my family!"

"Ok. Do I atleast get to meet your mom?" At this question I saw a look of panic on her face, but it was gone so quickly I thought I must have imagined it.

"I told you she isn't here."

"Well let's go where she is to meet her!"

"Drop it Jude!"

We had reached home by now. I slammed the brakes. I was angry at her. I had the right to meet her mother damn it! I was marrying this woman and she wouldn't let me meet her mother. I decided to pursue the topic later on. We went in and Natasha kicked her shoes off. She sat on the couch and leant against the back rest and closed her eyes. I sat down as well and looked at her. She looked tired but she looked so beautiful! Her red hair splayed behind her. Her long lashes framed her cheekbones and her lips. Oh her lips! She opened her eyes suddenly and I looked away. I cleared my throat and said, 'So lets go through all your likes and dislikes again." She smiled and said, "Jude I am really sorry for snapping at you." I shrugged like it wasn't a big deal and then we began grilling each other on our likes and dislikes.

Soon it was time for us to leave. Joanna had made reservations for us all at Thea, a fancy restaurant that served Greek food. Natasha quickly freshened up and re applied her make up while I just changed into a comfortable white T shirt. We left and when we reached there Joanna was already there. I took a deep breath and prayed that we would pull this whole thing.

Natasha's P.O.V.

We started walking towards the restaurant and saw Joey waiting for us by the entrance. I heard Jude exhaling and squeezed his hand reassuringly. He looked surprised but pleased with the simple gesture. He gave me his heart stopping smile and I almost tripped. "Hello love birds." Said Joey looking a little amused. "Hey" said Jude unenthusiastically. I hugged Joey and we all went in to sit. The restaurant had a beautiful ambience. There was a gorgeous water fountain at the entrance that had two perfectly sculptured women carrying two pots from which the water flowed. It was made of marble. The table and chairs were made of wood and had intricate carvings in it. I studied the place and realized that Joey and Jude were looking at me with a smile on both their faces. "What?" I asked. Both of them shook their heads and Jude replied, "Joey was just telling me that you love studying interiors." I nodded and raised an eyebrow. Since when does he call her Joey and since hen does she allow it? The next hour passed quickly as Joey questioned Jude till she was satisfied that his intention wasn't 'love her and leave her.'

She looked quiet fierce and it was funny to see Jude become nervous under her piercing gaze. He soon won her over with his charming smile and gentlemanly behavior. He even came and pulled my chair when I got up to go to the washroom and helped me back into it when I got back. Joey gave a huge smile. When the captain came with the bill Jude removed his wallet to pay but Joey was having none of it as it was her treat. We headed out towards the car and Joey pulled me aside and said, "He is a great guy. I can totally imagine you having gorgeous kids with him and growing old with him!"

I looked up startled. I felt a lump in my throat and a knot in my stomach that was associated with guilt. What were we doing? We are deceiving people we love the most and were going to hurt them terribly when we broke this farce of a marriage. But before I could reply we heard someone call out "Jude!" and Joey and I turned to see a gorgeous woman wrapping herself around Jude and planting a firm kiss on his cheek as I stared aghast!

This chaper is dedicated @frakkevin because I just love mad moral and mad menace and you guys should check it out because if you haven't then you are missing something!! :D Oh and as usual lend your support to me guys vote and comment. Sorry for late upload but I had a lot to deal with at work and home :( You guys are awesome I love you! I know this chapter is short but I will make it up to you in the next chapter, let me know how you liked this :)