Chapter Four

Chapter Two

The Model

“How could you not call me and tell me that you were ENGAGED?!” Jennifer yelled into my ear through the phone, causing my ear drums to vibrate furiously.

“Geeze! I had no time, since I was with him all weekend. How did you find out anyway?” I questioned just as Robin walked in swinging his iPhone back and forth.

“It was Robin who told you, wasn’t it,” I guessed, narrowing my eyes at him. How dare he tell my best friend that I was engaged before I did!

“Yes! I still can’t believe I didn’t hear you say it, like, on the day!” She exclaimed, once again damaging my ear.

“It’s not my fault that I was too busy doing something else,” I defended only then realising what I had confessed.

“Oh my gosh! You were too busy to call me because you were having sex!” Jennifer giggled

“The correct term is making love actually,” I corrected under my breath, not quietly enough, since Robin’s face scrunched up in disgust.

“Too much information Mel,” Robin stated, opening my office door to leave, making me chuckle.

“You shouldn’t be listening in the first place,” I replied as the door was slammed closed.

“Well were going out to celebrate, without Trevor by the way. Just me, you, Jasmine and you can invite Jessica if she wants to come,” Jennifer insisted

“I’m not sure. I mean, its Monday,” I tried to disagree

“Don’t even try and worm your way out. It’s your fault, if you had just told me on Friday, then we could have done this on Saturday.” Jennifer informed me. Shaking my head, I said the only thing that would make her happy.

“What time?” I groaned, however really wanting to go.

“Yes! I knew you’d agree. We’ll meet you around 8 at your house. I’ll tell Jasmine for you…and by the way, she’s pissed too. Just thought that I should tell you,” Jennifer rushed before cutting the phone on me. Sighing in annoyance, since I had absolutely nothing to wear, I leaned back in my laptop chair and swung around in circles, smiling as the chair got faster and faster.

“You’re such a child.” A stern voice stated causing me to come to a halt as I stared at my boss, who was watching me, emotionless.

“Sorry Mr. Bilgar,” I quickly apologised.

“Ease up, you look scared Miss Zeleny,” Mr Bilgar chuckled and I simply gave him a fake smile. Mr. Bilgar was very intimidating. His olive skin due to his Asian background made his complexion look to die for and the several designer suits that he wore, made him look very profession, but his green, cold eyes made him intimidating and scary, hence my reaction.

“I’ll let you off with the swinging for now since I heard about your engagement. Congratulations but don’t let it get in the way of your work.” He urged, giving me a brief nod and then leaving. I let out a breath that I didn’t even realise that I was holding and almost jumped out of my skin when my phone began vibrating viciously on my desk. Cursing under my breath, a smile immediately found its way onto my lips when I read the caller ID.

Trevor aka Fiancé.

I was now dressed in a fitted, pretty red dress which hugged my body tightly. I had found it in the back of my wardrobe with its price tag still on and was really giddy when I discovered it sitting there. The satin material felt silky smooth against my skin, making me feel comfortable in my choice of clothing. Putting on my silver studded ear rings; I left my hair down and curled it lightly so that I didn’t look too formal or too slutty since the dress was pretty short. Slipping on my black pumps, I picked up my matching black and silver clutch bag and headed for the living room.