Chapter Thirty Three

Chapter 11

What could go wrong?

I've realised that I didn't write this story as well as I had thought and wished. It kind of goes up and down and up and down which now that I think about it is quite annoying, which is probably why the chapter's aren't getting as many votes as they used to. Anyways I'm sorry guys that it's not been going that great. It's almost finished, so there's only one chapter left. I hope that you enjoy it and thank you for reading :D

I ran into the house, not bothering to say hello to either Jasmine or Danny before locking myself in my temporary bedroom. Throwing myself onto the bed, I cried again and prayed that I would fall into a black hole. I wasn’t sure how long I was crying for when I began to hear people arguing outside; one of the voices sounding extremely like Stephen.

“I’m going to see her whether she wants to see me or not!” Stephen roared.

“Don’t you dare go near her! You’ve hurt her enough already,” Jasmine screamed.

“Jasmine calm down. I really don’t think that stressing out is great for you right now,” Danny insisted.

“Don’t tell me to calm down. This bastard thinks that he can just run into our home after breaking my best friend’s heart for the second time!” Jasmine defended. As much as I wanted to run in to defend myself, I couldn’t pull myself out of the bed and just wanted to be alone.

“Don’t you dare call my Stephen a bastard!” Another woman interfered causing me to sit up straight. Had he brought his other woman to our house? How dare he?!

“Who the hell is she?” Danny questioned, this time sounding as angry as Jasmine.

“That’s what I need to explain to Melanie. She’s got the wrong idea,” Stephen stated.

“Don’t touch her!” He yelled after.

“I’ll touch the hoe that you chose over my best friend as much as I want. This is after all my house!” Jasmine fought.

“Jasmine stop! Stephen where are you going?” Danny shouted after everyone.

“Melanie open the door!” Stephen growled, slamming his fist repeatedly on my bedroom door scaring me.

“Go away! I don’t want to see you!” I cried, unaware that I was actually still crying.

“Melanie please don’t cry. Let me in so that I can explain,” Stephen pleaded.

“No.” I replied, snuggling closer to the back of the bed. The yelling continued outside when suddenly there was a loud bang that echoed around me. Opening my eyes, I saw Stephen breathing heavily, placing my door back on its hinges before locking the door again.

“You broke my door!” I breathed in disbelief.

“Jasmine is gonna ---,” I started only to get cut off when I was quickly pulled down on my bed so that my arms were held above my head by Stephen’s steel grip as he towered over me, his dark eyes burning into my soul.

“Melanie I almost killed you. I lost control on our date. I mean, I didn’t even ask to drink from you! What if I killed you? I don’t even know what I would do without you...” Stephen shook his head.

“You’re doing pretty fine right now,” I retorted, surprised by his confused face.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about but I needed to get myself under control again. I was scared that you wouldn’t want to be with me if I told you that I couldn’t control myself so I just asked for us to be apart for some time. I didn’t realise until today that I hurt you Melanie. I never meant to hurt you.” Stephen explained.