Chapter Seven

Chapter Three

Happy Birthday Melanie

“I’ll speak to you later babes,” Trevor whispered against my lips.

“Don’t forget,” I grinned, knowing that he wouldn’t.

“Sure I won’t,” Trevor smiled, kissing me once again before allowing me to sadly leave him and go into work.

Stalking to the office, I muttered a ‘Hello’ to everyone, acting like an immature teenager as I leaned against my office door, observing everyone working.

“Someone’s upset that she has to come to work. She’d probably rather be having hot, sweaty sex with the fiancé,” Robin commented making me gasp. The whole office looked at me making me feel embarrassed to the max.

“I should kill you,” I grumbled stamping into my private office, only to see Stephen sitting on my spinning chair, ruffling through all of my papers on my desk.

“I forgot to tell you, Mr. Hobson is here and was waiting, so I told him to go right in,” Jessica called, all too late. Slowly and quietly closing my office door, I glared at him and waited impatiently for him to get up.

“Nice to see you too Melanie,” Stephen smirked, slowly standing up

“I wonder why you were late. Were you too caught up in your dreams about me?” Stephen joked but I wasn’t in the mood for jokes.

“Do you think this is a game?” I hissed, sauntered over to the front of my table.

“Do you think playing my head is fun and easy? Do you think trying to work your way into my life and destroying it in the process is exciting?!” I sneered, feeling my whole body get hot with anger. I watched as his eyes leisurely went down my feet whilst biting softly and highly attractively on his lower lip before his black eyes landed back on mine.

“No. I don’t think this is a game and I’m not trying to ruin your life, I’m trying to help it. You’ll be much happier with me Melanie, don’t you see that? We’re soul mates, so we’re meant to be together. You’re only prolonging our unneeded separation,” Stephen informed me approaching me as I stood my ground.

“Soul mates?” I questioned, feeling like breaking something onto his pale mahogany head of hair.

“Stephen, if we were soul mates, then why did you break up with me?” I quizzed, cocking my head to the side, receiving a better sight of him.

“I can explain that --,” He began but I really didn’t want to get sucked into his world again and so stopped him straight away.

“I don’t think you can, so get lost. You’ve lost me and I am much happier with Trevor than I ever was with you,” I lied, feeling my stomach clench a bit.

“So get lost, and stop playing with my feelings. To tell you the truth, I hate you, actually I dislike you with a passion, so stay out of my life and never come back,” I growled, feeling my stomach and heart clench even more. Stephen jaw clenched for a second and even though his face looked neutral, just like I could read him in college, I could read him right now and he was deeply hurt. I sighed feeling upset that I was making him sad; however it had to be said.

“Fine. If you say you’re happy, I’ll leave.” Stephen mumbled, avoiding eye contact. I felt stupid tears trying to come out of my eyes, as the overwhelming feeling of our former break up, hit me like bricks. Looking up and softly breathing out, I felt Stephen’s cold gentle thumb slowly caress my cheek, causing my eyes to immediately get drawn to his sad ones.