Chapter Thirty One

“Open the door Trevor!” My brother yelled outside whilst I screamed as Trevor began once again pulling me by my hair back up the stairs to where we had come from.

“Robert, call the police!” I pleaded as I was dragged back to my bedroom passing a passed out Jessica at the door of my apartment.

“What did you do to her?” I breathed, terrified of what he would do to me.

“Nothing you need to worry about Mel, unless of course you don’t comprehend.” Trevor threatened, bolting my front door closed before continuing to drag me to my bedroom. Throwing me onto my bed, I was pulled towards him as he hovered menacingly above me, ripping away my underwear as well as pulling down his both is trousers and boxers. I kicked and screamed, cursing myself for not having a side lamp but it was no use. Trevor was stronger than me and so fighting against him was useless. I knew that I needed to at least buy time until the police arrived but unluckily for me, it seemed as though they would turn up too late. Flipping me over so that my body was against the bed, Trevor pushed my head furiously into the pillows once again cutting off my air supply as I struggled to breath.

“Trevor let me go! Please Trevor!” I begged, flinging my arms around as I fought against him.

“Melanie! Melanie! Wake up!” A male voice yelled above me, causing me to wake up, snapping my eyes open before screaming. How had Trevor gotten into Jasmine ad Danny’s apartment?!

“Trevor please, leave me alone! I’ll get back with you, I promise!” I lied as I fought against him once again, tears falling down my cheeks as he pulled my arms behind my head with one strong hand, shaking me continually with the other as he hovered over me, his evil blue eyes staring emotionlessly into mine with an dangerous smirk on his lips.

“Melanie wake up! It’s me Stephen! Wake up Melanie!” I could hear in the background. Squeezing my eyes closed so that I no longer had to see Trevor’s face, something inside me forced me to open them and when I did, I immediately relaxed and pulled Stephen into me as I cried some more.

“Melanie it was just a nightmare. I’m here Melanie. He’ll never hurt you again,” Stephen assured as he soothingly rubbed my back whilst I continued to cry on his cool shoulder.

“You guys can go to bed, I’ll help her get back to sleep,” Stephen stated, turning his body slightly. Confused, I wiped my eyes and looked up to see Jasmine and Danny watching me with tired and worried eyes. I had woken them up, once again.

“I’m sorry guys,” I apologised, for probably the hundredth time.

“It’s alright Melanie.” Jasmine shrugged, a reassuring smile on her lips as she pushed her bed hair out of the way.

“Stephen you know where our bedroom is if you need anything,” Danny stated before pulling Jasmine out of the room and closing the door behind them.

“I’m sorry Stephen.” I apologised again as I continued to cling on to him.

“How long have you has the nightmares for?” He whispered softly into my ear, causing me to sigh into him.

“Ever since I left your house.” I replied, slowly moving out of his embrace.

“Where are you going?” Stephen asked as I got out of the bed and headed towards the bedroom door.

“To the bathroom,” I answered, closing the door softly behind me. I’m not sure how long I had been crying silently in the bathroom, like I did every night, until I heard a soft knock on the door.

“Melanie, let me in,” Stephen insisted on the other side of the door.

“No. Please Stephen, just go back to sleep,” I muttered, walked over to the sink to wash my face with cold water.