Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

“Where do you want to go?” Stephen asked as he helped me into his car.

“Anywhere, I don’t mind,” I shrugged before he walked towards the driver’s side.

“Okay...” Stephen started, strumming his fingers on the steering wheel whilst seeming to think about where to take me.

“Let’s go somewhere fun,” Stephen decided, grinning happily just when the car roared to life. His smile gave me butterflies and even after a week of seeing them, since college, I knew that I would never get tired of it.

Since the day after the party, when Stephen took me to lunch, we had stayed in contact, speaking until the morning for the past week just like college. I had never been happier repairing out relationship.

We had been driving for over an hour with the radio playing softly in the background whilst I read a book on my phone and I was just getting to the best part of the story.

“We’re here,” Stephen whispered in my ear, his cool breath tickling my ear as he placed a cold hand on my knee which caused my breathing to stop. Looking away from my phone, my eyes were captured by his dark ones and I noticed that his lips were dangerously close to mine.

“Okay,” I breathed looking up to see that we were parked outside of an amusement park. Six flags to be specific.

“What are we doing here?” I frowned, confused. The last time that I had been to an amusement park was with everyone during our summer vacation in college.

“We’re here to have fun, so stop frowning and lets go,” Stephen informed me, taking off his seat belt before helping me out of the car.

“I know this is our first date and all but I was kind of expecting something more, I don’t know, a bit more...” I began, struggling to find the words.

“Elegant?” Stephen finished as he paid for our tickets.

“Well yeah. You said it, I didn’t,” I added.

“Starting again means new ways of doing things Melanie, so welcome to Six Flags!” He introduced, pulling me through the entrance. I couldn’t help but smile at the fact that he had actually thought about it.

“Where to first my lady?” Stephen questioned, holding the map of the park open in front of us.

“How about we start off small. Let’s go on this one,” I suggested, pointing to a rollercoaster ride that didn’t look too horrifying. Following the map, we made it to the queue and I began to regret my decision even though I felt my excitement kicking in.

“You can choose where we’re going next, but choose wisely because you know that I’ll kill you if you’re mean and choose a deadly one,” I threatened.

“Did you forget that I’m already deadly?” Stephen reminded me, his long sharp fangs that had given me immeasurable pleasure now on display.

“Put those away Stephen! What if someone see’s?” I hissed, slapping his shoulder whilst glancing around to see if anyone was staring at us.

“Calm down Melanie. No one saw.” Stephen stated, his teeth now back to normal. I realised that it was time for us to board the ride and felt my heart go into overdrive as we walked towards the seats and were strapped in.

“Melanie, you’ll be fine, it didn’t even look that bad,” Stephen comforted, taking my hand in his making my whole body heat up due to his touch. Confused as to how he knew that I was scared, reading my face, he smiled and placed his hand over his heart, showing a fast beating rhythm. He had heard my heart, how could I forget? Suddenly we were thrown forward as we ascended up the rollercoaster. Stephen simply laughed at me whilst screaming,