Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Five

I'm...

I couldn't believe what I had put myself into.

"Stephen sit down," I tried to order, my voice shaking slightly due to fright. What is Trevor going to think of me, if he's seen me fall right back into Stephen's arms?

"Don't be scared of this doofus Melanie. I'll deal with him." Stephen stated, glancing at me, his dark eyes brightening in the slightest.

"Stephen don't," I gasped pulling him back by his arm.

"You’re touching him now! Wow Mel! You can forget about the wedding at this rate!" Trevor growled storming out of the restaurant. His words burnt into my heart and before I knew it I was turning to run after him.

"Get away from me," I hissed when Stephen's hand gripped my arm, keeping me in my place. With a quiet growl, he released my arm and I sprinted out of the restaurant ignoring anyone and everyone in my way. I could see Trevor stomping away and holding his hand up to hail a taxi that was driving his way.

"Trevor wait please!" I cried, sprinting towards him, his head turned in my direction and then back to where the cab had stopped.

"Please don't call off the wedding. Please Trevor, I love you and you love me. Don't call it off over something stupid," I begged, reaching him just in time

"Something stupid?! If I hadn't come at that time, you would have probably kissed the bastard and here you are telling me that you love me? In fact, I bet you still like him or in fact love him?" He exclaimed, yelling down at me from his height.

"Of course I don't!" I quickly lied, a bit too quickly if I had to say so.

"Then why were you about to kiss him? Just don't talk to me right now please. Just...give me some time to think Melanie." He sighed, getting into the taxi. I didn't and wasn't going to loose him just because I let my guard down for a second. I couldn't. I love him. Not replying as I wiped away my tears, I watched him turn his face away from me as the taxi began to drive away.

"I'm so sorry Melanie, I didn't know that ---," Jessica started

"Just shut up. I get it. You’re sorry," I glared at her, barging past, as her innocent green eyes gazed at me in sorrow and regret, so much that I instantly had to look away. Making my way back into the restaurant, all eyes were on me and Stephen, Robert and Debbie instantly stopped talking when I arrived back to the table. Snatching up my possessions, I refused to talk, scared that I would burst into tears and so held my tongue.

"Where are you going?" Robert asked

"Melanie, it’s not our fault. Say something." Debbie pleaded as I turned and started towards the door again.

"No Debbie it’s not your fault, its his. If he hadn't invited you none of this would have happened and if he did it so that he could become closer to you then fine, except he could have just invited you and not him as well." I explained, enjoying the breeze as it helped to hold back my tears

"It doesn't matter anyway he ----," Robert began, his voice full of distaste.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter? Trevor just called the wedding off. Does my happiness mean nothing to you? Do you never want to see me happy again, like before?" I challenged, appalled by his attitude. He didn't even know Trevor a 10th of how I knew him. How dare he say that it didn't matter!

"I'm sure he didn't mean it like that," Debbie defended

"I meant exactly what I said and I'm not about to take it back," Robert retorted