Chapter Thirty Four

• Dedicated to To All of My Wonderful Fans!!!

I had never realised that if I wanted to be with Stephen forever, then I may have to become like him. What would happen to my family and friends? Would I have to leave them to be with him? Would they accept us as creatures that we thought did not exist?

“I’m leaving now darling. It was lovely to finally meet you and I once again apologise for my son’s behaviour.” Marla, Stephen’s mother apologised before pulling me into a hug, my thoughts running wild.

“Think about what I said about becoming one of us. It isn’t as bad as it seems.” She whispered in my ear causing my eyes to snap towards Stephen to see if he had heard her. By the intense and slightly angered look in his eyes, I could tell that he was struggling to stay put, showing me that he had heard her.

“Bye to you two honey and don’t worry, I won’t bite,” Marla joked to an awakened and still slightly confused Jasmine. Sensing that she was scared of her, Marla simply shook Jasmine’s shaky hand, giving her a soft yet amused smile and then walked towards Danny giving him a short hug.

“It was lovely to see you again,” Danny smiled kindly.

“I’ll lead you out,” He insisted, placing her hand inside his arm as they walked of the room and to the front door where a cab was waiting.

We had explained to Jasmine what vampires were and that neither Stephen, nor his mother would hurt her but she still seemed slightly stunned. Sadly, since she was still a bit dazed, I couldn’t ask her about her pregnancy.

“I think I’m going to go and lie down. I’ll speak to you guys later,” Jasmine stated, slowly getting up from my bed where she had sat for the last twenty minutes. Her eyes shifted from mine to Stephen’s and back to mine before she left the room.

“It’ll take time for it to sink in.” Stephen whispered, suddenly behind me, his arms wrapped around my torso.

“I know,” I mumbled, leaning my body against his as his apple scent washed over me again. He tucked his cool, cleanly shaved chin into my neck and I sighed into him as my body welcomed the butterflies and tingles that I had been trying to suppress for too long. Closing my eyes as I savoured the moment, the idea of living with Stephen forever dawned on me again.

“You’re thinking too much.” Stephen groaned, his lips kissing along my neck, making it hard to concentrate on anything.

“Melanie, could I quickly speak to you for a second please,” Danny wondered as he peered through a gap in the door. I had no idea why he wanted to speak to me which made me somewhat curious as he stared into my eyes, waiting.

“Can’t you speak to her when I’m gone, I mean, we just got back together,” Stephen whined, removing his lips from my neck, his grip around my waist tightening a bit.

“It’ll be quick,” Danny assured, opening the door wider.

“I’ll be back, so don’t think about going anywhere,” I instructed to Stephen as I attempted to remove his arms from around my body, as much as I didn’t want to.

“Stephen, let her go,” Danny sighed, leaning against the door with folded arms.

“Your just taking up more time, she could have been back by now,” Danny urged, seeming highly impatient as his brown eyes watched us. Stephen’s arms slowly released my body and I felt saddened that our sweet moment had ended so soon.

“So, you two are back together? For real?” Danny questioned as he closed the door to his bedroom after we entered.

“Yes.” I replied simply, waiting to see where he was going with it.