Chapter Ten

My eyes fluttered open in a fairly dark room. Adjusting my eyes to the lamp beside me, I shifted my body trying to block out the terrible pain I felt through out my entire body. I was on a bed. A very large, comfortable bed, with midnight blue covers. How I had gotten here, was the main question. My mind was blank and all I could do was try to recollect the past events. Looking around the unrecognised bedroom, I only just managed to stifle a scream when Stephen suddenly appeared on the edge of the bed.

"How did you get there?" I whispered, weakly holding my heart.

"I guess you don't remember then. Anyway, I'd just like to say Happy Birthday," Stephen stated, confusing me.

"Happy Birthday...?" I asked myself, until everything came back to me.

The man that forced himself on me,.

Robin.

My birthday.

My surprise party.

My presents.

Robert and Stephen.

Drinking my blood.

"Before you go craz--," Stephen started, moving towards me.

"Stay away from me!" I shrieked putting my fingers up in the form of a crucifix.

"Ahh! It burns," Stephen cried, rolling around on the bed in agony.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologised, sitting up too fast, resulting in the room spinning.

"I'm just joking .Obviously I'm not affected by that small gesture Melanie." Stephen chuckled, his no longer daunting red eyes, watching me.

"Where am I and what am I doing with you? Does anyone know I'm here? What day is it?!" I began to panic. What if I had been passed out for a month? A year? Who knows!

"Oh calm down. You're at my place since you passed out on me, no one knows you're here and it's still your birthday. Answered all your questions?" Stephen replied.

"No. What the hell are you?" I quizzed quietly, as I pulled my body towards me, cradling myself in fright.

"What do you think I am?" Stephen asked a thoughtful look on his face.

"I think you're a blood sucking monster, or was I just dreaming? Maybe I'm still dreaming." I laughed crazily.

"I'd like to wake up now! I want to wake up now!" I cried.

"Melanie shut up please! If you were sleeping why would you be in my room and why would this hurt?" Stephen growled, pinching me hard.

"Ouch!" I whined.

"Don't touch me you...you..." I started

"Blood sucking monster? I'd like the term vampire. But since we're together you can call me whatever you like," Stephen smirked.

"Vampire? That's it. Can you stop with this crap please Stephen, I'd really like to get back to my party now," I insisted, refusing to believe anything to do with mystical creatures that didn't exist.

"I'm not lying to you Melanie. I'm finally telling you the truth. You don't know how scared I was to tell you, but I didn't want you finding out like this," Stephen sighed, standing up and pulling at his hair.

"What happened to the Stephen in college that used to smile a lot and tell me how much he loved me?" I murmured, looking down when I realised what I had said.