Chapter Twenty Five

Robert kindly and gently escorted me out of the room, carrying me in his arms into the living room, before sitting down and stroking me comfortingly as I continued to weep into him.

“I was so scared,” I cried, clinging on to him in case Trevor suddenly appeared behind us as he had before.

“It’s alright, Stephen’s taking care of him,” Robert assured me, his anger evident in his voice.

“In fact, Mel, can I put you down for a second?” Robert asked his eyes on my bedroom as he attempted to set me down on the sofa, alone.

“No, you can’t leave me Rob!” I panicked, gripping his shirt even more. I did not want to be alone after what had happened.

“Melanie please! I need to get him back for what he did or almost did to you!” Robert yelled, his pale blue eyes blazing in frustration and rage. Scared by his outburst, I immediately stopped crying, loosened my grip on his shirt and slide off his lap, my eyes never leaving his.

“You’re killing me Melanie...” Robert mumbled, pulling me back into him after apologising for shouting. My loud crying seemed to block out the grunts and sounds of punches being thrown which I was grateful for and not too long afterwards, the police barged through my front door, walking straight through to my bedroom once Robert signalled where Trevor was and a limp body was placed onto a stretcher. My eyes lifelessly stared ahead of me at the blood drenched body of Trevor.

Who would have known that my fiancé had and was a secret psycho? Who would have known that I would find out a day after my supposed wedding day?

“Are you okay Miss?” A police officer questioned, suddenly appearing in my face, causing me to snap out of my disturbing thoughts.

“She’s really shaken up, so if you could give her a little space,” Robert retorted, glaring at the young police officer.

“Well I will but I was just asking if she okay,” The police officer snapped back, his chocolate brown eyes turning back to mine as they held my motionless gaze.

“Are you okay Miss?” He repeated whilst I heard my brother growl quietly in the background. Nodding slowly, I took in his sweet face and thin lips as a strand of his caramel blond hair swept over his forehead.

“My name is Danny and when you are ready to speak to me about what happened today, call this number and ask for me,” Danny informed me, placing a white piece of paper in my hand. I began to feel uncomfortable under his gaze as his eyes held a concerned look which made my stomach turn slightly. I was not and would not be in the mood for a relationship for a while, even if he seemed extremely sincere.

“Yes officer Danny,” I replied softly and with a tender smile, he stood up, no longer crouching in front of me and turned, walking towards the other officers and ambulance workers.

“What happened to him?” I heard an ambulance worker gasp, glancing over at us before she whispered in her co-workers ear.

“Self defence,” Robert mumbled in my ear and I looked at him questionably.