Chapter 1

Emma's POV

"I think that's the last one." Dad said putting a big box down on the floor of my new dorm room.

I took a deep breath in and looked around me.

(A/N: Imagine only one side decorated)

So I'm really doing this...College.

"Yup, I think all I need is here" I said throwing myself down on my new bed.

The dorm room was pretty basic. It only came with the necessities. Two beds which needed new sheets ASAP, facing a wall where I've put a TV on the small cabinet work that came with the room. There's a window above the beds which I liked very much cause it makes the dorm bright, two desks with chairs, two nightstands, two small closets and space for a mini fridge a microwave and, thank God, a small bathroom.

I'm kind of relieved I don't have a roommate yet. As bad as it may sound, I like my personal space and this way I have time to adjust.

"Look at our babygirl Anna"' dad said "All grown up and ready to live alone"

"Oh don't be all sentimental" mom said "We knew it would happen some day"

I chuckled at my parents. I loved how open minded my mom was. Yeah, I would miss her like hell and she would too but that didn't make her clingy and pushy.

"Well yeah but I didn't expect it to be so soon, I still see her as a baby"

"And that's exactly your problem" me and mom said at the same time then looked at eachother and laughed

Dad scoffed at us "Women''

"I'm gonna be fine, you've raised me well" I said

"I know that Emma, but I think I'm allowed to worry about my daughter moving away"

"I'm only a few hours away dad, you know that" I said kissing his cheek.

"Come on now Brad. Let's give her some time to settle in, get up"

Dad groaned getting up from a chair he was sitting on "Fine, but I will call you later to check on you"

"Okay" I said smiling

I walked both mom and dad to the door. Dad pulled me in a big hug, the kind of those that it was getting hard to breath "Remember to lock the door and keep your money safe"

Always the over protective one.

I nodded rolling my eyes. He flashed me a smile and then he walked out .

Mom pulled me into a hug and once she pulled away she said "Maybe you should try to contact Charlotte, I talked to Stacy last week and she said she'll be studying at the same college as you"

"Mom" I frowned looking at her "You know I don't like talking about me and Charlotte, what's done is done." I said, it always pained me to talk about her.