Chapter 22. This Is It

Can't believe this is the last one 😢
I want to dedicate this chapter to @raphoenix23  because I love her and she keeps reading all the shit I write.

*****

Emma's POV

The seconds that passed seemed to me like hours as I stood there. In front of them.

The door right in front of me had opened revealing an almost naked Nate and a girl with strawberry blonde hair standing next to him.

You've got to be kidding me.

His eyes landed on me and I just stared at him not really knowing how to react to the sight in front of me.

"I don't do girlfriends."

"I don't wanna be in a relationship I'm not going to be in a relationship. End of story."

"The fact that I sleep with her doesn't mean it's anything serious."

"I'm just occupying myself."

His words from conversations we've had the past year popped in my head.

I should have known. That's why he said we'd talk later. That's why he avoided talking.

"I'm just gonna go." I said turning around and making my way over to the elevator

"Emma no. Hang on a second." He said grabbing my arm

Yeah tell me it's not what I think it is.

"I can explain. Don't go."

"There's nothing to explain." I said looking at him.

He was standing in front of me looking me straight in the eyes. The look on his face could have fooled me, he really is a good actor. "Of course there is. There's nothing going on I swear."

I looked at him up and down. He was only wearing his sweatpants.

"I don't care if there's something going on or not." I said keeping a hard expression on my face. I turned around and walked over to the elavator trying to keep my eyes from watering. I pressed the call button "You know what sucks?" I asked but it was more like I was thinking out loud "I knew you. But I thought I was your friend. Turns out I'm not even that if you can use me just like the next girl."

"Use you? What are you talking about? Emma stop, just let me explain."

I raised my hand to stop him from talking "And to think that you were the first person I wanted to see after everything. I really am blonde after all." I made my way inside the elavator.

Nate grabbed the doors reventing them from closing "You're not going anywhere."

"Let go of the doors." I said keeping my voice calm. I literally felt like I was about to faint. This is all getting too much for me to handle.

"If you leave I'm coming with you." He said in a confident tone

I ran a hand through my hair "I don't think there's anywhere you can go naked."

He looked down on himself releasing the doors that started closing quickly.

I let a breath out when the elevator started going down.

How could he do this to me? Was I just another girl he slept with?

Of course you were. He just fooled you into thinking you were special.

I made my way out of Nate's building as quickly as I could, or as quickly the suicase I was carrying allowed me to. I'm pretty sure I looked ridiculous with tears streaming down my face and a big suicase following my every step.