Chapter 9. Friendzone's a b*tch

Emma's POV

"We're here" Jame's said pulling up at at parking lot. I looked around snapping out of my thoughts.

The whole ride here I've been quiet. Looking at the watch on my wrist I realized it has actually been an hour long drive and trust me on this -a very quiet one. Nate and James made small talk but it was nothing special.

As for me, I've been in my own bubble the whole ride, I've been thinking, maybe even overthinking.

It doesn't take a jenious to understand that this is the way Nate gets his frustration out.

Damn it, I should have taken Psycology courses.

Anyway, what was I saying? Yes! Nate obviously thinks this is a way to let his frustration out.

But is it really healthy for him to get beaten up?

I'm not the kind of friend that will try to change his mind but I'm still worried about him. What if he gets seriously hurt at some point?
What am I supposed to tell his mother if she finds out?

'Sorry mrs Stone, yes I knew about him boxing. No, I didn't tell you because I tried to be a good friend to him. Yes I know he's in the hospital now but still...'

Oh my god. Did I just have a dialogue with her in my mind? Okay okay, I need to relax.

I shook my head and took a look around the place.

Guys, guys and oh look... more guys.
Oh, there are a couple of girls too, thank God.

"I gotta go" Nate said grabbing a bag from the truck.

"Okay" I said with a small frown but he flashed me a smile trying to ease my worry.

His smile causing my smile to form right away.

"Make sure no one gets near her." He said to James turning serious.

"Relax, I want my balls attached to my body." James said rolling his eyes "Go ahead and keep your head in the game. Emma's gonna be fine. She's with me." He assured him.

So... there's a possibility that something could happen to me if I'm left unsupervised? Great.

"Let's go grab a seat" James said pointing somewhere to his right and I nodded following him.

"So" I asked once I sat down. I took a look around at the people that were here before talking again "Is this safe?"

"Most times" he answered casually.

Gee thanks dude.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Relax. He's good. You'll see for yourself. I've been coming here with him since our senior year of highschool that we became friends. If he was at any danger I would have told him to stop. It's his way to deal with emotions and he's good"

"He better be" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"We're lucky it's this and not street fights. Things there get ugly. At least it's supervised here." He said trying to ease my worries "Look, they're starting" he said pointing at the ring and my eyes focused on where he was pointing.

The first match soon started and Jame's told me Nate was up next.

I focused my eyes in the ring in front of me and the guys watching.
Eventhough I still had my worries about Nate, what was in front of me was a sight that was giving me an adrenaline rush.

Maybe I could get used to coming here.

The first match ended soon and It was time for Nate's fight.