Chapter 6. Shall we make amends?

Nathan's POV

I have been waiting outside of the diner since James left an hour ago.

I don't really know why I'm here,
I mean I kinda want to talk to her but at the same time I don't. I usually don't care about how I leave things with people, but with Emma... it's like I'm a ten year old all over again who doesn't want his friend to be mad at him.

What am I going on about? She's not even my friend.

Damn it. James really got to me.

He kept saying how much of a good girl Emma seems like and that from what he's heard from Stella she's funny and cool. He also kept telling me to stop being a dick to her...

Okay, what's with people calling me a dick?

Okay, I know I sort of am one but... still. Not cool.

Emma walked out of the diner looking at her phone. She was totally oblivious to the fact that I was standing a few feet away from her.
I stared at her not knowing if I should speak or not and what I should say if I spoke.

Come on Nathan, speak up.

"Hi"

Seriously dude? Hi? When did I turn into a wimp?

She lifted her eyes looking at me with a curious, even shocked expression on her face "Uh, hi" she said "Did you forget something inside? I didn't see anything cleaning your table, but I can go back and take a look."

"No, no" I said. I nervously rubbed the back of my neck "I didn't forget anything."

Way to be cool dude...

"Do you need a ride home?" I offered

She stared at me, possibly thinking that I'm fucking with her. "You don't have to give me a ride, I'll wait for the bus." She said a couple seconds later.

"I kind of want to give you a ride home."

She raised an eyebrow smirking "Kind of?"

I sighed "I want to give you a ride home. I want to talk to you. You're seriously gonna make me beg for it?"

"I should" she said "But I'd like to talk to you too."

I nodded and then pointed over to where my bike was. "You don't have a problem riding motorcycles, do you?"

She smiled "Nope. Not at all"

I motioned for her to follow me. "Do you live on campus?" I asked once I got on the bike.

"Yeah"

"Alright"

She got on the bike and I could tell she was nervous about whether she should hold on to me or not. "I don't bite, hold on." I said

"You're not planning to kidnap and kill me, right?" She asked wrapping her arms around my waist.

I smiled "I should" I said mimicking her previous answer. I put on my helmet and turned on the engine. A couple seconds later I drove off.

We rode in silence. I was thinking about how I want to get to know her all over again but at the same time I'm still mad. It was obvious that she was thinking as well.

I pulled up outside of the dormitory.

"Do you wanna walk around for a while?" She asked surprising me after getting off the bike.

"Sure" I nodded my head geting off as well

We walked around in silence. There were a few other students going around but it wasn't very crowded.