Chapter 20. Close

Emma's POV

The doctors insisted that Nate stayed in the hospital for a good ten days and was allowed to leave 4 days ago which means the accident happened over 15 days ago.

Everything seems to be fine with him, well except his memory.

It hasn't returned yet and no matter how happy I am that he's fine -physically- I can't help but be upset over the fact that he doesn't remember any of us. I miss him.

The past 3 days I missed him even more though. Classes had started and that in addition to working in the diner was enough to keep me occupied and super tired. I haven't visited in three days. But I know he's in good hands since his mom and James have been spending time with him. His mom actually moved in until Nate gets his memory back.

Today though I'm going to see Nate, It's Saturday and James is busy so he can't baby sit him. God, if only he listened to me right now... I'd be dead for even daring to use the term baby sit.

Anyway he told me his mom is busy too so I'm the only one left to look after him and keep him company.

Not that I mind.

The only good thing that has happened since Nate's accident was Chris and Stella getting together. He finally stop avoiding the fact that they kissed, grew a pair and asked her out.

James doesn't know yet, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

Speaking of him, the door to Nate's appartment opened revealing a very pleased to see me-looking James.

"Thank God you're here." He said holding the door open for me to walk in.

"How is he?" I asked walking inside. I looked around the appartment trying to spot Nate but he was nowhere to be found. Winston came up to me so I could pet him just like every time I visited Nate's place.

James shrugged his shoulders "Same old. Same old. He's in the shower but he will be out in a couple minutes."

I took a seat down on Nate's couch "Any progress?"

James sighed "Not really. It's the same as 3 days ago when you last saw him."

I sighed "Fine." I looked at James "So lunch with Charlotte's parents huh?"

"They're in town and we figured it would be a good opportunity for me to meet them." He checked his watch on his wrist "But I need to get going, it's already 12 and I slept here last night so I need to go home and shower. I'll be back later."

That moment Nate walked into the living room wearing sweatpants and a muscle tee which showed the tattoos he had on his arms. His hair was slightly wet. He still had some scratches on the side of his forehead but other than that he looked pretty normal.

James walked up to him "So buddy, I'm gonna go now and Emma will stay here to keep you company alright?"

Nate nodded and smirked "Fine by me."

I swear ever since the accident his flirting is at a dangerously high level.

"I'll be back later this afternoon okay?" James asked looking at me. He grabbed his phone and keys and headed to the door. I nodded "Whatever you need just give me a call though." And with that he was out of the door.

Nate took a seat on his couch next to me.

I turned to face him "So are you hungry? I could make something."

"I don't know. You don't need to." He answered shrugging his shoulders.

This is so weird, it's like he's Nate, but he's not.