Chapter 18. Make a move

Don't forget to leave a comment and vote. :)

Dedicated to Fallingstars99. I feel like you will like this chapter. 

*****

Nathan's POV

"Are you feeling better?" Emma asked when I finally aproached her. She was facing away from me but turned around once she heard me getting closer.

"I do." I answered "I didn't know exactly how it would feel being here, but I feel releaved now."

She gave me a small smile "That's good."

I continued "It was like I couldn't stop talking once I started. It feels now like a weight has lifted off of my chest. I should have done this long ago but I was a coward."

"You weren't a coward Nate. Loss is a difficult thing to handle."

"I guess I never wanted to admit that he really is gone."

"People only die when we forget about them. As long as you keep him in your head and heart he will always be alive." She said placing her hand on my arm.

I placed my hand over hers "Thank you for being here today."

She shook her head "I didn't do anything. I literally just stood here."

"It was nice knowing you were here."

"Then I'm glad I could be of help." She said with a smile before taking her hand off my arm. "How about we have a real celebration now?"

"Real how?"

She bit her bottom lip "We could go back to your apartment and I could cook for us."

I raised an eyebrow at her "You cooking? Aren't I a little young to die?

She punched my arm "Rude."

I chuckled. I love Emma and all but she can't cook to save her life. "You can't be serious about cooking,"

She rossed her arm and a cute frown made its way on her face "Fine. Be like that."

I chuckled at how cute she looked while trying to come off as mad.

I couldn't pass up an oportunity to be alone with Emma so I made an offer I knew she couldn't say no to. "How about we go back to my place and cook together? Or even better, we could order something and save my apartment from being burned to ashes."

The frown on her face was replaced by a big smile now "Alright."

The ride back to my place was not as tense as the ride to the cemetary felt like for me. After visiting my father's grave I felt as If I wasn't able to breath until now but I hadn't realized that.

I had a good feeling inside and I knew that I needed to let my mother know how I felt about visiting dad. She'd be happy to know that I went there today.

I made a mental note to call her later or drive to stay there the night.

Once I pulled up outside my apartment I realized that today, being alone with Emma, I could actually take advantage of it and make a move.

Take advantage... okay that sounded wrong.

We got inside my building and made our way to the elevator.

"I can't believe you'd want to poison me on my birthday." I teased her once we got inside and rode up to my floor.

She narrowed her eyes at me "I'm not that bad at cooking. I can make spaghetti."