Chapter 2. New/Old Friends

So, the annoying voice in my head that kept saying "Post! Post! Post" for the past three hours won.

This Chapter is dedicated to raphoenix23 because she's amazing and getting to know her has been the best thing that has happened to me this year. I'm gonna stop now because my inner marshmallow is showing.

Emma's POV

When I read Demi's text on Monday morning with which she let me know that she was here one word popped in my mind, Finally.

Today was the first day of classes. And I have been waiting for Demi to show up on my dorm building for some time now.

"You know, one day I'll stop waiting for you and you'll be on your own.'' I said to her once I reached her.

Another thing I hate about Demi? She's never on time, she's always late from 5 to 30 minutes, thankfully (that was sarcastic btw) today it was just 15'.

And I know what you're thinking...

If I'm complaining about her so much, why is she my bestfriend?

Well, she's the best person on this world and I love her to death, but that doesn't mean I won't call her out when she's wrong. Plus I'm a bitch.

"Gee someone's in a bad mood. Say Good morning first and then start lecturing me" she said rolling her eyes at me.

"You'd be in a bad mood too if you had been waiting for 15 minutes" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Stop whining." She flashed me a smile "I brought you coffee, now be a good little girl and say you love me" she said chuckling handing me the plastic cup of coffee.

Damn it, she knows I love coffee and she's using it against me.

Sneaky little bitch.

"I hate you'' I took a sip from my coffee. The flavour of it calming me right away and making me smile at her "Goodmorning Dems"

"There's my girl" she said laughing

Me and Demi were very different but that never stopped us from being bestfriends.

We met when I moved since we had some classes together but we didn't really talk, just a few typical "heys" and small chat. We became close around the time we were 14 and ever since we've been inseparable.

Demi has always been very kind to the point where people took advantage of her.

She was always willing to help and had been walked over too many times. On high school she used to be everyone's counselor. People would always come up and ask for her advice at random times which drove me nuts because she needs to learn how to say no at some point.

I on the other side, am a whole other story... I don't let people get close to me and always have my guard up which in many cases has saved me because I hadn't gotten upset over people that clearly weren't worth it.

Being a bitch is the easy way out, I have to admit it.But it comes pretty naturally to me and it's not like I'm acting. Yes, I like to come off as more strong and fierce than I actually am but that doesn't mean it's not a part of me, just not the biggest.

So when someone actually gets past this facade I have on and they actually get to know me, that's when they get to know the real Emma. And that's when I know they are worth it too, because they didn't choose to believe the first impression they got off me but took the time to get to know me. At the end of the day, those are the real people and the kind of people I actually want in my life.