Chapter 3. Karma is a B*tch

A/N. I swear this past year has been a never- ending circle of me being annoyed and tired.

****

Emma's POV

A couple minutes after the incident at the gym with Mr. dickface, I found my way back to where Demi and Stella were. Demi of course noticed that I was a bit tense but I made sure to let her know that it wasn't anything worth worrying about and just that I ran into a guy who needed a lesson about manners.

We made our way to a coffee house eventually and got to know Stella a little bit better.

~~

I almost slapped myself for being such a chicken.

Grow up Emma. What's the worst that could happen? They say no and you get over it.

Oh yeah you're a bit lost huh?

Well 2 days ago Demi and I came to this diner and I saw a sign that said 'Help wanted' and I've been thinking about asking for the job ever since.

Today I came back to check if they still needed people and I'm currently outside the diner pacing back and forth. Should I go in? Should I go home?

Ah fuck it.

I'm going in.

I walked through the doors of the diner and headed to the front counter.

"Hello honey" said a woman around 50 with a smile on her face "What can I get you?"

"Um I'm actually here for the job. My name is Emma Greene and I saw the paper in the window, is the possition still available?" I asked hopeful.

"Yes. Of course it is. It's nice to meet you. My name is Christina and I'm the owner. Are you a student dear?" She asked. The smile never leaving her face.

Oh how glad I am that she's not being a bitch.

I could really use the money.

"Yes, it's my first year in college actually. I just moved here a couple of weeks ago and I'd really like to get a job, I wanna have a few money on the side you know, for emergencies." I said smiling at her.

"Well then my dear the position is yours, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't hire you"

My eyes widened in excitement "Really? Thank you so much" I said grinning like an idiot "Should I come back tomorrow?"

She nodded "Well you could come around 10, we will discuss about your payment and your shift. We have another college student here and we'll work something out so we're all covered. Charlotte will be here too tomorrow and you'll get to know her. My nephew Stefan is working here as well and you'll meet him tomorrow"

Wait what? College student? Charlotte? Working here?

It's a coinsidence right? It can't be her.

It just can't be her.

It would be rude to quit right now, right?

"Uh, okay. I will be here tomorrow at ten. Have a nice day" I said smiling at bit at her and the walking away

Well if it's the Charlotte I know, this will be awkward with a capital "A"

Shut up Emma you need this job. The annoyingly rational voice in my head said.

It's true, my father's bussiness isn't going very well and they're paying enough money already for me and my sister so finding a job is exactly what I need. Everyone does it. If they can, so can I. I can't force them to pay for everything I need considering that they are already paying enough for Lexi, their biological kid.