Chapter 8. Sweet Dreams?

My thoughts and prayers are with the citizents, victims and families of the victims in Orlando.
So much cruelty in this world, it is sad... really.

*****

Nathan's POV

I wasn't planning on being back in the room while Emma was still changing.
No that I'm complaining, hell no. Seeing her in nothing but my sweatpants and a bra was pretty hot.

And dammit she's got a tattoo, that's like even hotter. It's a small one under her bra line of her right side but it's pretty hot.

Come on I'm a guy. Yes she is my friend but she's hot.

That much is obvious to anyone with eyes.

I really wonder what's the story of the tattoo though. She doesn't strike me as the type to just get a random tattoo.
There has to be a story.

Thanks to the deal we made I will find out though.

The deal works for me to be honest. I've been wanting to tell her about me boxing for a month now and it will actually be better once she knows. I won't have to come up with excuses of why I desappear with James and she might wanna join us to watch.

I just hope she doesn't freak out.. too much. But Emma is a cool girl she'll be fine with it

Really though, these past two months that we've gotten close have been great.
It feels great to actually be close to someone who's not James or my mom. I mean there are the guys I hang out with too, but the people I trust other than my mom are James and now Emma.

The thing with Emma is that she's just easy to be around.
She's funny and smart and sarcastic and she's actually someone who I can have a conversation with and not want to get them in bed.

I mean okay, I wouldn't mind getting her in bed but I'm already friendzoned, so I guess that's not happening.

The other day she actually called me to get her pads because Demi had classes and it was urgent.

Who am I kidding? I'm fucking brozoned, that's way worse.

But how could I say no to her while she sounded tired and in pain over the phone?

Okay enough of this. Emma is my friend and I still need to wake up early tomorrow.

I shiffted around a bit to get comfortable and ended up on my back, I put my arm over my eyes finally letting sleep catch onto me.

~~

I stirred in my sleep from a slight whimpering next to me.

I opened my eyes and tried to understand where the sound came from. Even in the darkness I managed to make out Emma's figure.
She was facing me now and she was asleep but she had tears running down her face.

Is she having a nightmare or something? Should I wake her?

Of course you'll wake her moron, you can't let her cry.

I scooted over, closer to her and took a strand of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. I placed my hand on her arm and shook her slightly "Em" I murmured.

She didn't react, she just kept whimpering slightly in her sleep.

I shook her a bit hander "Emma wake up."

She opened her eyes slowly "Nate?" she asked, her voice husky from sleeping. "What's wrong?"

I wiped her eyes "You tell me Em, you're the one crying."