Chapter 16. Parties and Tequila shots

Emma's POV

The music was playing loud at Stella's house when I walked in.

Nate managed to get James to have a party and they even managed to convince McGrumpy to let them have the house for the night.

Which really didn't take much convicing because Demi suddenly got sick and couldn't make it at the party. Connect the dots people.

Speaking of Alex and Demi, let me say that Stella wasn't okay with them seeing eachother and a week ago after I left they got into a huge fight. Thank God though they worked everything out and Stella wrapped her head around the idea of Demi and Alex as a couple.

It took her a few days to do so though.

It took me a few days to wrap my head around what almost happened a week ago at my dorm with Nate. We almost kissed.

It was obvious that if Demi hadn't interrupted to talk about her's and Stella's drama me and Nate would have kissed.

I'm still debating on whether it was a good thing that she interrupted or not though.

Back to tonight's party, as much as I love those, I think the Dj here is overdoing it with the bass because I just walked in and I can feel a headache coming. It could be because I'm tired too though.

I adjusted my eyes to the low lighting and tried to spot Stella or Charlotte somewhere around.

I soon spotted Stella and walked over to her

"Thank god you're here." She said pulling me in a hug. All the drama forgotten.

"O-kay. Good to see you too Stel. What's wrong?"

"You look great. I like the skirt." She complimented

"Thanks. It's new. You look great too. Now, what's wrong?"

"I can't stand him." She said with an angry sigh.

I gave her a confused look and she explained "Chris."

"Who?"

"Come on Emma. You've met him, he's friends with James and Nathan."

"Black haired one who plays football?" I asked over the music

"Yeah." She cringed

"What did he do?" I asked

"He keeps bugging me. And he's rude." She said rolling her eyes.

"Come on sweety. It's nothing a little alcohol can't fix."

She chuckled "True. Want me to find a bottle for us?"

"You bet I do."

"Alright alright I'll be back." She said before walking away.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around only to find an extremely attractive Nate looking at me with a gorgeous smile on his gorgeous face.

I said gorgeous twice, didn't I?

Okay I need to stop, this is getting too much.

The past week things have been kind of awkward between us and it's not something I particularly like. I'm used to things always being pretty easy around him and I don't wanna ruin a friendship.

Nate looked at me up and down with a small smirk on his face. And I took my time checking him out too.

He was wearing was a pair of dark washed jeans and a dark blue buttoned up short sleeved shirt and he managed to look good. How do guys do that?