Chapter 13. It's over

~ May ~

Nathan's POV

I rolled off of Zoe, breathing heavily. I tosed the condom aside and laid on my back.

We laid in silence for a while, there's not really much to talk about anyway. Zoe is a great girl yes and she has a great body, but I don't see this moving forward.

She offers distraction and that's what I want. There's no point in complicating things.

"You never talk." She said in a quiet voice

"Is there something to talk about?"

She sighed "So we'll just keep faking it?" she asked

"I didn't realize you were faking it." I said smirking

She pushed me playfully "I'm serious. I'm not sure I want this anymore. I mean, is there any possibility of us becoming more than just fuck-buddies? I need to know..."

I sighed. There's no point in stringing her along anymore.

She deserves better, she's a great girl and she deserves someone who loves her, who takes her to actual dates and doesn't just grab coffee with her and takes her home.

I turned my head to the side to I was facing her instead of the ceiling.

"Zoe" I said with a sigh "I told you when we met that I wasn't looking for something serious. Don't waste your time on me." I said with a small smile "Go find a guy who will appreciate how amazing you really are."

She smiled but I continued with a smirk "...In all departments."

She chuckled "I guess I needed to hear that from you to move on."

"I'm sorry." I said honestly "I'm sorry that I'm not that guy."

She smiled "It's fine. We had fun. I'm not exactly a victim here. I knew what I was getting myself into." She got up from the bed "I'll just go."

"Thank you... for not freaking out I guess."

"It's alright." She said slipping on her underwear and then her shorts.

I slipped on my boxers and got out of the bed as well while she was putting on her shirt and shoes.

"I'll leave now but don't be a stranger."

"Never." I said with a smile "I'll see you around."

"I'll let myself out." She said and walked to the door of my bedroom. She stopped once she opened it and didn't walk out "Nathan?"

"Yeah?"

"She'll come around."
I stared at her surprised. Zoe had met Emma but I hadn't realized what I felt was that obvious. "No she won't. She's in love with someone else." I said with a shrug.

"Have a little faith." And with that she was out of the room and a few seconds later, out of my appartment.

Emma's POV

I pecked Lucas' lips closing the car door "You didn't need to pick me up."

He smiled "I wouldn't let you walk around campus alone at night babe." He then drove off.

I buckled my seatbelt and yawned. "I don't even know why they invented evening classes. God I wanna sleep. I'm just glad classes are over next week"

He chuckled "I was hoping we could grab dinner."

I sighed "Baby I'm sorry. I really am tired all I need is a shower and my bed. It was pretty crouded at the diner earlier. I'm beat."

"Alright maybe I could come up and help you get some of the tention out." He said with a smirk