Chapter 10. Start of something new

Emma's POV

"It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you be of good cheer
It's the most wonderful time of the year" I sang going around the diner kitchen.

"Someone's in a Christmas mood" Christina said smiling when she walked inside to possibly take care of an order.

"I'm sorry I can't help it. It's only December 2nd and I'm excited already." I said with a smile that I was pretty sure was eating my face.

Come on, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. I can't help but feel overwhelmed by joy.

"It's a good thing hon. Nothing to apologize about."

"Plus I have evening classes in about an hour so I need something to keep me from getting depressed."

Christina chuckled "You better get your things then." She suggested "Charlotte will be here in a few minutes and you should get to class on time."

I smiled at her "Thank you."

I walked in the stuff room, changed my shirt and walked back in the kitchen "I'll see you on Wednesday."

"Bye hon" Christina said

I walked in the front of the diner and after saying goodbye to Stefan I walked to the door which was being opened by Lucas.

Lucas walked in the diner spotting me instantly.

"Hey" I said

"Hi, you're leaving?" he asked

"Yeah, I've got classes" I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh okay" He said "Your hair looks good up by the way"

I smiled. "Thank you"

I never really liked my hair up and I avoided having it that way, but today I couldn't be bothered by it. So I put it up in a ponytail, threw on a pair of earings and that was it.

"So, I gotta get going or I'm gonna be late. I'll see you around"

"Sure" he said with a smile "Uhm Emma?"

"Yeah"

He took a small paper out of his pocket and handed it to me "My band and I are playing at this bar on Saturday at 9. I'd like it if you dropped by."

"You're in a band?" I asked surprised taking the paper.

I know we've been talking a bit everytime he's at the diner, since we met but this never came up until now.

"Yeah, I play guitar and I do some vocals."

Impressive

"That's great. I'll try to be there" I said with a smile.

I'm not gonna confirm it right away although I have no plans. I'm usually very straightforward but it's okay keeping him a bit on edge until I show up.

"Bye now"

I walked out of the diner and started walking.

Finally. He did something else other than flirt with me.

God. I'm acting like a 15 year old having a crush.

But come on. He's been coming to the diner for a month and we've been having small talk. But he hasn't done anything other than that and I'm getting frustrated. If he likes me, which Charlotte says he does, he might as well do something about it.

The past month that Lucas has been coming at the diner all I have really learned about him is that he's 24 and that his last name is Clark.

Yup, that's all I know about him. But I really do want to know more and it's kind of driving me nuts that all he does is stare and have small talk with me. Well at least I know he doesn't have a girlfriend and that trust me, is an important detail about his life.