7

When I return to the kitchen after exploring the house, Calvin isn't there. The stove fire is shut off, and the chopped up carrots are still remaining where I had last saw them.

His house is quite large, especially when it's only two people arranging to stay here. One, before me. At least, I think. His home is decorated modernly in black and red. It's extravagant to my eye- but everything to me is intriguing.

I walked by the room he told me not to go into. I cannot help but wonder what's inside of it. Everyone sometimes does what they're told not to do- and I almost did just that. Instead, I remembered that curiosity kills the cat. Or at least in my case: Wolf.

"Calvin?" I call obliviously into the air. His house is nice and all, but it doesn't mean I like being alone. I really enjoy other people's company- and exploring. I take in a deep breath when there is no reply.

Once I catch his scent, I follow it to the front door. Hesitantly, I step out onto the porch. The light is on and a wave of bugs buzz around it. I've always thought those bugs, or any bugs in general, are completely disgusting.

"Don't worry," he chuckles lowly, "I didn't run off, baby." Baby. Considering how smooth his voice is it sends a shiver down my spine. I scrunch my nose in disgust as I watch smoke being exhaled from his nostrils.

"You smoke?" Stupid rhetorical question. He turns to me and holds the cigarette to his lips. The cherry burns brighter as he inhales.

"Is that a problem?" He says calmly. So calm, I'm almost afraid to answer him. I pull my lip between my teeth and shake my head no. I'm not a fan of it, but he is his own person and I cannot tell him what to do.

"No" I shrug, "it's just a bad habit. That's all." I watch as he turns away from me to blow the smoke out. By the way he did it, I'm almost positive he did it to keep the smoke from hitting me.

"So is picking your nose, or biting your nails." He shrugs. I nod my head in agreement. He tosses the cigarette onto the ground and puts it out with his shoe.

"I don't do either of those things." I say scrunching up my nose. Calvin turns to me and grins. He doesn't look like a man that would smoke. He doesn't even look as old as he really is.

"How long have you smoked?" I ask, knotting my eyebrows together. My fingers graze the top of a bush beside the porch. I want to know everything about my alpha king. My mate.

"For awhile," he says casually. "Why do you ask?" He wonders. I don't know why he doesn't dare come near me. I sink my teeth into my bottom lip and think about it.

"You just don't look like you've smoked for very long." I say with a shrug. He has an amused smile on his face now.

"You know nothing about Lycans, do you?" He shakes his head. Silently he glances towards the moon then back at me.

I purse my lips but shake my head. I've heard about some before, but not into much depth. His nostrils flare.

"Here, let's go back inside." He ushers me in in front of him. I want to ask him why we had to go inside all of a sudden but decided against it.

"Lycans don't age, baby. They stay the same, forever." He explains. I nod my head understanding what he's saying.

"Oh." I mumble, "so, would I stay the same when you mark me?" I ask knotting my eyebrows together. Calvin gives me a gentle smile.

"Yes, but I'm not going to be marking you for awhile." He says lowly back. I bite my tongue from saying anything back to him.

I tilt my head upwards to look at him. My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Why not?" I ask curiously. I'm not offended by his choice of words, or the tone of his voice. It just leaves me in wonder.