added

We didn't leave the hospital until five in the afternoon. Seeing as we had spent the entire day in the room, and Cal had refused to let me eat hospital food, I was starving.

So, as soon as we had left, we ended up at a local diner for dinner. It isn't anything fancy. Burgers, fries, chicken, the casual stuff. Which, I'm absolutely okay with.

"What hotel do you want to stay at tonight?" Cal asks, sipping on his sweet tea. I look up at him and shrug my shoulders.

"We can just stay at my parents." I shrug. Calvin makes a face at my idea. "What?" I frown.

"Nothing." He sighs. "I just want to get somewhere soon and rest. It's been a long day."

"Do you and Ren have a problem with each other?" I ask, knotting my eyebrows. Calvin and Ren had given each other glares all day today and I really want to know what's going on between them.

"It's not a big deal. He and I started off on the wrong foot." He says, shrugging his shoulders.

"How so?" I wonder, sipping on my drink. I'm starving so I wish my food would get here sooner. I rest my chin in my hand and look intently at my boyfri-what ever he is.

"I always have to explain myself to you." He says with a half laugh-half attitude. "He's just mad I took you away from your mom and him." He shrugs. "He never really agreed to let me take you home." He looks at my face and then at my eyes.

"So you kidnapped me?" I ask, knotting my eyebrows.

"No." He chuckles. "Not at all, babydoll. Your mom agreed, and so did you. That's all the consent I needed."

I blow out a breath and nod my head simply. No comment is better than anything I can come up with.

"So, where are we staying?" He asks, knotting his eyebrows. I shrug my shoulders casually and glance out the window.

"My offer is still on the table. You don't have to spend money." I say. "But, you can decide. We'll be at the hospital bright and early tomorrow." I grin.

Cal smiles and sort of just looks at me at any kind of mention of the hospital. I don't think much of it, "casino it is." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"I think you forgot I'm no where near the age to gamble, Baby." I half laugh. I run my fingers through my hair and glance around, wondering where our food is.

"I know," he smiles, "no gambling. Just a nice, quiet hotel room." He shrugs. I look at him and raise an eyebrow at him.

"Are you trying to hint at something?" I ask, looking at him confused. Calvin rolls his eyes and sips on his tea.

"If I wanted to fuck you in a hotel room, I'd openly admit it." He says casually smiling. My mouth sort of just gapes open at his openness about his privacy. I kick his shin under the table and give him a dirty look.

"People are trying to eat, Cal." I half laugh and scold him at the same time. Calvin rolls his eyes and leans back in the booth.

"Maybe I will do just that." He zones out as he begins to think about something. His eyes are concentrated out the window and his lips sort of curl on the sides when he glances at me.

The waiter finally brings out our food and I thank him with a kind smile. A growl comes from Calvin and the waiter scatters like something is chasing him.

"That wasn't very nice." I mumble, giving Calvin a look. I turn down to my food and take the first bite and savor it.

Calvin just glances at me from across the table and shrugs his shoulders.

"How long do you think we'll stay?" I ask, knotting my eyebrows. He hasn't answered very many of my questions at all. So, I don't expect him to answer this one.

"A day or two. We didn't really pack very much." He replies after awhile. I'm sure it had something to do with food in his mouth.

"We didn't pack at all." I roll my eyes. Calvin chuckles at me and continues to pick at his food. He hates tomatoes.

"I keep some of my clothes in the car, and you have a bedroom at your mom's who has tons of your clothes left." I purse my lips and nod my head.

"Yeah." I say. "But they're like my older clothes so you can't make fun of me." I half smile.

Calvin looks at me and simply smiles. "I can't make any kind of promises, baby." A wink is the only kind of reassurance that he gives me after. I swallow, and look down at my food.