20

"Calvin!" Ben yells. "Gray hit me again!" He whines, holding his nose.

Cal glances up from his papers and furrows his eyebrows. "Next time, hit him somewhere where he won't be able to speak after." Ben's eyes go wide and he looks at me.

I stick my tongue out at him, and he frowns. "If you weren't a girl, I would hit you back, brat." He pokes his tongue out at me. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Quit being such a baby. I only flicked you in your nose." Ben mocks me, and throws his hands up in the air.

"Yeah, okay. Flicked. You punched me in the nose!" He whines in protest.

"You two are so annoying." Cal growls, running his hands over his face. "Go outside and argue. I've got lots of things to do."

"He was talking about you." I whisper into Ben's ear. Ben grumbles.

"He said you two. He was referring to both of us you idiot." Ben says, flicking the back of my head.

Cal let's out a loud growl and looks between the two of us. "Why don't you guys just go make out already?" He looks completely furious.

I swallow, hard. I look over at Ben and I'm quick to make more distance between us. There's a tension in the air, and I look between Ben and Calvin.

"Cal we weren't-" I start to tell him that I don't like Ben like that. I would never do that to cal.

"You two can't stop flirting for the likes of me." He hisses. I flinch when I notice how dark his eyes are.

"Ben I think you should just go." I say quietly. With my permission, he bolts out the door and doesn't look back.

"Cal," I whimper, dropping my head and taking a in a deep breath. "He's like my brother I cant-"  Cal inhales deeply and just glances at me.

The silent treatment is too much for me. I cautiously walk towards Cal, and when I'm in reach, he grabs me. Roughly. I hold my breath, and squeeze my eyes shut.

I think of any possible situation, his wolf is angry. I'm terrified of what he might do-or say. Instead of anything rough, he pulls me until I'm sitting on his lap. Calvin buries his head in to my neck holds onto me for a moment.

I'm the one that has to start speaking. "Cal?" I mumble, pulling away from him and looking into his extremely dark eyes. He hums in response.

"What's wrong?" I ask, knotting my eyebrows. I already know it's about Ben and I playing around, but Calvin had taken it a different way.

He inhales and shifts. "I'm starting to question if Ben was a good idea." He mumbles. Calvin pushes a piece of hair behind my ear and caresses my cheek.

It's been a week since Calvin touched me, and to be honest, I've been wanting him to do it again. I lean into his touch and let out a sigh. "What do you mean?"

Calvin let's out a heavy breath and pulls his hand away from me. "You're mine, Gray." I shiver at the sound of his voice. It's terrifying. "I'm sick of seeing Ben flirt with you- and everyone for that matter." He grumbles.

I knot my eyebrows. "First, Ben doesn't flirt with me. We're friends. That's all. If you got close enough to people to be able to joke around with them, you'd understand. Second, if you want people to know who I am to you, tell them. I mean, you could mark me, but that won't happen." I grumble.

Calvin growls, in annoyance I figure. It doesn't bother me. Instead I wiggle my way out of his grip and begin to walk up the stairs. "Wait," he calls, sounding defeated.