23: Ally

"So, tell me all about it." Ally says with a huge grin on her lips. I already know what she's talking about, and I let out a slow breath.

"Ally," I say with a eye roll. I can't help myself but smile. "There isn't anything to tell-" casually shrugging my shoulders, I receive a slap to the back of my head.

"I know there's a lot for you to tell. Spill. I want to know what it's like to live with the king and what you've been up to." She says. I watch her cross her legs and lean forward. She reminds me of a pre-teen, gossiping about her crush.

I blow out a quiet breath. "I don't know, Ally. There's a lot." I shrug. "Cal is great and he's dark and mysterious- it's like he comes straight out of a mystery book. He's strong, and intimidating, yet so gentle." I silently think about him. I wonder what he's doing. Where he is. Is he thinking about me?

Ally's lips curl into a grin. "So, you did it?"

"Did what?"

"IT?" I know my eyebrows and look at her like she's stupid. "Gray- you know, did you sleep with him?"

I blow out a breath. I should have guessed that's what she was talking about. Pursing my lips, thoughts run through my head.

"No." I say with a almost sad tone in my voice.

"No? So, you've been gone for this long, slept in the same bed as someone that attractive, and you didn't sleep with him?" She knots her eyebrows.

"Yeah. That's exactly it." I shrug. "That's pretty much why I'm here."

"Because you won't sleep with him?" She wonders out loud. An amused smile grows on her lips. She knows that I haven't done anything, and I'm sure she's assuming that I'm the one rejecting.

"Because he wont sleep with me." I point out. Ally looks taken back by what I had just told her. She knots her eyebrows and takes a moment to take it in.

"Why not?" She urges. I shrug my shoulders.

"He's afraid of hurting me." I frown. "and-"

"Gray! That's so romantic!" She makes a cooing sound and I shake my head.

"And so, were taking a break until he decides if he wants to mark me now, or in a year or two. I mean, my heat will stop if I'm away from him- and he doesn't want me to suffer and keep me around him." I shrug.

"Well, you're lucky." She gives me a smile. "Any girl would love to be with him- and all he wants is what's best for you." She winks.

I roll my eyes. "I've never been so sexually frustrated in my life." I run my hands through my hair and let out a loud groan.

"Wow, never thought I'd hear you say that." She grins. I slap the back of her head and grumble.

"Don't repeat that to anyone." I warn. She only giggle in response.

"I won't tell a single soul-" she winks. "I mean, unless you want me to drop a hint on the king...."

"He already knows." I roll my eyes, "and it makes it even worse." I throw myself back onto her bed and sigh out loud. Never have I craved a mans touch like Calvin's.

He's all I can't think about. His sweaty body, colliding with mine all night long. The sound of his rugged breathing in my ear. Everything I've ever fantasied about, coming to life.

I shut my eyes and try to relax. "It's only nine, are you really going to sleep?" Ally's voice fills my ears.

I nod my head slowly. "I haven't slept all night in awhile, leave me alone Ally cat."

Ally sighs in defeat. "Fine, loser. Sleep all you want, Zach is coming over and we're still watching that comedy downstairs if you decide to join us." She mumbles. I nod my head, but don't say anything in response.

The door clicks open and shut, and I let out a tired breath. I don't know what to do.

Ally, Zach and I have been friends since god-knows-when. The two of them have spent a lot of time together since I've been gone, and I know that they have something going on. I wish that they would just tell me.

Usually things like this would have bothered me, but the time I've spent with Cal has me thinking further than just petty jealousy over friendship. There are far greater things to worry about. Like how my mate is doing right now.

My heart skips a beat when I hear my phone ding. I roll over and silently read the message.

Baby cal:

Goodnight baby girl xo.

A warmth spreads through my body. Cal is thinking about me. I can't help but smile and quickly respond.

Goodnight baby, <3

I hold my phone between my fingers, waiting for a response. Then, he starts typing and my heart swells in my chest.

Then, it stops. He stops typing, and I wait. There's no other reply.

I knot my eyebrows. Did I say something wrong? I internally yell at myself.

Should I call him? No. he said goodnight. That means he's going to bed.

I sigh in defeat. Setting my phone down on the nightstand, I roll over and shut my eyes. Maybe he just doesn't know how to respond.

Yeah, that's it.

As I'm falling asleep, I can hear Zach and Ally laughing loudly at something they're watch on tv downstairs.