22

I wake up to the sunlight hitting my eyes. It's the one thing that I don't miss about my bedroom. A hiss of annoyance passes through my lips and I turn over in bed.

The smell of bacon and grease hit my senses in a matter of seconds. Then, the unusual sound of a tiny infant crying. I inhale, and try to shut the busy house out. It isn't anything like when I was at Calvin's. His house was quiet, and I liked that.

The first thing I do, before I even crawl out of bed is check my phone. I have a missed call from an unknown number, a few Facebook nonifications. I let out a shaky breath.

Maybe I'm not on his mind like he is in mine. He's busy, I remind myself, running my fingers through my hair. Calvin isn't the emotional type. I just wish he would have at least said goodbye the day I left.

I mean, he wasn't even there when I woke up, and to be honest, it bothers me. My heart drops into my stomach at the thought of it.

Today is going to be a good day. I'm going to make sure of that. Even if I have to crush people to get it.

I climb out of bed and into the living room. Mom is sitting in the rocking chair, cradling a hungry baby Elliot in her arms. He has a bottle in his mouth, eating like he hasn't ate since he was born. I grin.

"Can I feed him?" I ask. I haven't really gotten a real chance to spend time with my baby brother. Cal and I didn't spend much time here when we got to town.

"Of course, honey." Mom says with a grin. She hands him off to me and makes sure I'm comfortable.

Elliot looks like my mom. He has her nose, and her cheeks. Other than that, it's all Ren. No doubt about it. His eyes are the same color; deep brown. He looks like a spitting image of Ren, just a little different.

I smile when his eyes meet mine. They sort of just lock on me. Momentarily I try and figure out what he could possibly be thinking. I'm sure it's about the tasty food.

"So," mom says, pushing Elliot's hair from his face. "Are you planning on having one?" She asks, focusing her attention onto me. I stiffen.

"Mom..." I mumble, feeling my cheeks warm up with embarassment. She smiles, not understanding why I'm so red.

"What? It was just a question." She grins. "I wouldn't mind you having a baby." She wiggles her eyebrows.

I swallow. "Mom! No babies! You just had one!" I mumble, completely overwhelmed with embarassment. Mom grins.

"I didn't mean anytime soon, unless of course you want to." She winks. "I just mean in general. Have you even talked about it with Harris?" She knots her eyebrows.

My mom is old fashioned. She firmly believes that once you find your mate, you start a family. She is strong on females being expected to... bare. I'm sure that's what she's looking forward to with me. Alphas like heirs, and she likes children. I'm sure everyone will be expecting quite a few from me.

"I mean, he's firm on waiting until I'm older, mom. But-" I sigh. I all reality, I'm wanting a baby, not anytime soon, but I'm terrified of it.

"But what?" She knots her eyebrows, confused. I blow out a soft breath.

"Mom. I don't even know if Cal and I are even going to be together anymore." I focus my attention back on Elliot. His bottle is almost gone.

"What? Why? What happened?" She knots her eyebrows. Mom looks completely shocked by the entire ordeal. I'm sure Calvin told her that I'm coming to visit while he catches up on work.

I shrug, casually. A wave of pain washes over me, and it's hard to make out a sentence. "Its.. complicated." I sigh, "but it's just a break." I say more to myself than to her. I pull my bottom lip between my teeth and look down at Elliot in my arms.

"I uh- I'm gonna go take a shower and get ready. Me and Ally are going to catch up." I say. I need to be alone right now.

"Oh, okay." Mom smiles, taking the baby and letting me run off. "Just be free tomorrow! We're hanging out!" Mom shouts as I scurry into my bedroom.

Okay, I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. Things come up, and school is making my anxiety go through the roof. I owe you guys so much more than this short chapter, and I'm going to give you it in a few hours. Stay tuned.