31: star gazing

I wake up to the bed empty, and the front door slamming shut. I tiredly roll onto my side and look at the clock on the nightstand. It's going on one in the morning. My nap turned into a sleep all day event. I quietly toss the blankets off my body and shuffle towards the door.

Downstairs is light up, and I hear the clinking of dishes. A wave of worry washes over me. What the hell is he doing? I regret napping, because now I'll never be able to go back to sleep and it's going to mess up my entire sleep schedule. Disappointed because I can't sleep tonight, I continue down the stairs.

As I enter the kitchen, Calvin has his back to me and the sink water running as he rinses a bowl clean. "I didn't mean to wake you." He says softly, acknowledging my presence. I quietly look over the marks on his shoulders and exhale softly.

"It's alright," I mumble, quietly tugging my shirt further down my thighs. "I slept too long anyways-I'll probably just be watching tv until like ten" I shrug. Calvin shuts off the water and turns to face me.

He rubs a towel over his soaking wet hands and his eyes run over my features. "Can I take you somewhere?" He doesn't even blink at what I had just told him. His mind seems to be off in the distance.

"Yes?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I don't know what I just agreed on, but Calvin's expression doesn't change in the slightest. He effortlessly reaches for me and pulls me against his chest. The warmth of his lips pressed against my forehead and he lingers there for quite some time.

"Get dressed in something comfortable, and grab a blanket." He says softly. I give him a questionable look and he gives me a reassuring smile. "No work, I promise. I just want to talk."

Worry creeps up on me again. Talk? What does he mean by talk? Like, talk about us being over? Talk about there never being an Us. My heart nearly stops. Did someone die? Is that what he wants to talk about? My blood pressure rises and my heart beat quickens with panic.

"Stop getting so worked up about it," Calvin chuckles softly. "It's not anything bad, little wolf. I just simply want to talk, and enjoy your company." He sighs. I look up at him and knot my eyebrows.

"You're scaring me." I admit. Calvin never just wants to talk. I mean, we usually just stay in comfortable silence, or he's at work. We talk, but we never really get deep with out conversations. I mean, especially Calvin. His past is something that I'm curious about, but he never opens up.

  He gives me a look and I sigh in defeat. "Fine." I say as if I don't want to go. In all reality, I'm dying to see where we are going. It could be in the backyard and I wouldn't mind. I like spending time with Cal, and talking to him makes me want to learn more about him. He flashes me a toothy grin as I head back from where I came and get dressed.

  I come back downstairs in a pair of black athletic shorts and a one of Calvin's shirts that's far too big and hides the fact that I am wearing pants.

Calvin quietly tucks the blanket I brought down with me into a backpack, and raises an eyebrow at me. "Ready?"

"What's the bag for?" I knot my eyebrows. "Aren't we taking your car?" I blink.

"Honey, where we're going- it'd be kind of hard to get a car there." He says and I'm unable to read his tone. "I-" he sighs and shakes his head. "Please don't be scared when you see him."  Cal swallows. He takes my hand and gently leads me outside and off the front porch.

"What?" I ask. Somehow me sleeping for almost the whole day has me in a daze. I feel completely stupid right now. I mean I know I am but feeling that way is a whole different aspect.