36

Ahh this chapter is so bad :( I'm going to go back through and make it better eventually.

I don't think, and I don't feel. My wolf powers through the pain of what Calvin had given us. Strength courses through my veins with every beat of my heart.

The only thing on my mind is getting out of here. I don't care who or what stands in my way. It won't be standing for very long. I bolt down a quiet hallway, hoping that my first choice will be straight to an exit.

Instead, I'm caught between taking a left or a right. I turn and go to the left, in the direction that I can hear something other than the sound of water. My paws beat against the ground, my nails clicking on the wooden floors.

My breathing is heavy, and I stop in my tracks upon seeing a man. He is tall, and built like a muscle man. My ears rest against my head and my teeth bare to him.

A low growl escapes me as I lunge forward. I make the first more. I shut my emotions away, and let my wolf do what she wants to with him.

He falls silent, lying in his own pile of blood. A sort of sickness makes my stomach churn, but I don't stop to see if he's okay. If he is, he'll kill me.

My ears flick nervously as I wonder why it's so quiet. Then- a loud growl erupts outside of the building. My wolf perks up at the sound. Mate!

I stiffen, and push forward. I have to find a way out of here. I can't let him get hurt! A panic rises in my as I come to two more men guarding a door. No body gets in my way.

The growl of my wolf is spine chilling. The hair on the back of my neck rises as I inch closer to the two men. One of them shifts and demands a fight, while the other lowers himself down and cowards before me.

The large brown wolf charges at me without any sign of stopping. His teeth are bared, and our bodies roughly collided as we try to get the advantage over each other.

He tosses me into the nearest wall and I let out a whimper in defeat. My body doesn't respond as I try to climb back onto my feet.

As the wolf draws closer, I shut my eyes and thank the moon goddess for what she has given me. Then- there's a loud cry from the wolf.

I open my eyes and the brown mutt is lying with an open wound on its chest. My eyes lift to meet a set of green ones. The wolf shakes its head and nudges me to my feet.

'Ben?' I ask through the link. I hear him chuckle in his head.

'Yeah, Luna. Lets get you out of here.' He nudges me through a door and I exhale tiredly. I didn't imagine my first time shifting would involve so much fighting and blood and... danger.

"The doors are packed because they don't want you getting out." Ben says. I turn to him and wonder how he shifted back so fast and got on a pair of shorts.

I watch him quietly from the corner of the room. Ben slowly pushes open the window and looks down at the drop.

"Would you like to jump first?" He asks, a amused smile on his lips. How can he be so relaxed during a situation like this? I hold my breath and look down at the jump then I look back up at him.

"You're not going to get hurt while she's around." He pats my wolf's head and I squeeze my eyes shut. "Relax, Gray. We've got this under control. Your dad isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box." I huff out in annoyance. Then, I take a step back.

"Just- try to land on your feet, yeah?" He snickers. I blow out a slow breath and charge at the window, hoping that Benjamin isn't leading me to my death.

My eyes squeeze shut, and before I know it my feet hit the ground. My body rolls and I stay still for a moment before forcing myself up and keeping myself alert for anyone coming after me.

The sound of feet landing behind me puts me at ease. I glance over at Ben, who waved his hand in a direction and I follow closely behind him.

"Calvin is going to meet you here in ten minutes." Ben says pointing a finger at me, "stay put." He warns. I swallow, hard, as he runs back into the danger zone and shifts into his large brown wolf.

I hold my breath and my eyes continually dart around for any danger. 'Cal?' I call through the mind link. I feel him blocking me out, and I pace around.

The only sounds filling my mind are growls. I don't know what to do. Fear makes its way into me and I try my best to shake it away. 'He's going to be alright, Gray. Have some faith in him." My wolf snorts. I hold my breath and hope that she's right.

The worst case sceneries run through my brain. What is he gets hurt? What is he gets....killed? I'd never be able to forgive myself. My stomach does flips, getting completely sick at the thought of it.

I swallow the growing lump in my throat and feel myself go numb. A loud growl erupts from behind me, and I snap my head just in time for a wolf to see a slam me into the ground. I quickly stand to my feet and shake off the sudden impact.

Before me stands a yellow colored wolf. His gray eyes bare into mine and his chest heaves like he's rabid. Which, he probably is. I growl, taking a step back away from the wolf.

Grayson. My ears lay against my head and I try to sound scary. Although, I'm terrified. I don't want to hurt my dad. As bad as he has hurt me, I can't do it.

My wolf yells at me, screaming for me to just attack him. However, I cannot. I can't bring myself to do something that my own dad wants to do to me.

He lunges at me, and I quickly move to the side and dodge his blow. Slowly, he begins to circle me, waiting for the right moment to strike.

'You're pathetic, Gray.' His voice cracks into my mind. I shake my head. 'You won't even fight me back. I can't believe you share the same blood as me- coward.' He hisses.

I take a step back and try to contain my anger. However, he gets to me. The words hit me right in the core, because they're the same words that I've been telling myself for years. I looked up to him. I wanted to be like him.

'Then what are you, dad?' I say with hate. 'You're no better than me, or anyone on this damned planet! You are a pathetic excuse for a man. A pathetic excuse for a wolf, and as a father!' I growl. That hits him harder than anything.

He lunges towards me. This time, I don't get out of his path. I brace myself for the impact. He deserves everything that's coming to him.

My wolf takes over. My vision fades and all her intention is to kill.

The shade of werewolfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें