40- sitter

Guys, this book will only have 10 more chapters until it's over.
Not to worry, though. I am planning on making a sequel. Please enjoy. 😁

     After an hour of reading a novel by Leo Tolstoy, I shut the book and skim my fingers over the cover. Classic books and poems have always been my thing, but some of them are extremely hard to read.

Shakespeare is my all time favorite author. Although he writes tragedies, and darkness, I absolutely adore the way he tells a tale. Each and every word of his wraps around your heart and tugs on a string. He brings so much emotion into what he writes.

Sliding off the bed, I make my way downstairs. However, upon entering the living room I notice a man sitting on the couch. In his hands is his phone, and he momentarily looks up to greet me. I know him. It's Calvin's lead warrior, Tommy.

"Good evening, miss Gray." He smiles. I knot my eyebrows and don't even take his greeting into acknowledgement.

"Where's Calvin?" I ask, looking towards the front door. I know that he isn't here, or else Tommy wouldn't be sitting on the couch like he is. I cross my arms over my chest completely frustrated that Calvin couldn't even tell me he was leaving to go anywhere.

"That's classified." Tommy says, an amused smile on his lips. I frown and let out a low growl. He didn't just talk to me like that. "He went to do some pack work- seemed pretty pissed off if you ask me." He corrects himself.

"I don't need a fucking babysitter." I grumble. "Where the hell did he go,Tommy?" Anger biles in me. All I want to do is choke the shit out of him and Calvin.

"He didn't tell me. He just told me to look out for you, and to not ask questions." He shrugs. "I only follow orders."

"Well, here's an order." I grumble and shoot my finger towards the front door. "Get out. I don't need a babysitter. I can handle myself." I growl.

"No can do, dolly." Tommy says with a sigh, standing up and tucking his phone into his back pocket. "Alpha's orders over-ride yours." He shrugs, looking at the mark on my neck. I clench my teeth together.

"How the hell does that work?" I snap, furrowing my eyebrows. Tommy gives me a grin and shrugs his shoulders.

"I mean, you're very attractive and all, but he can get a little aggressive and I'd rather not be in his path when he's angry- nor do I want to go against him and make him that way." Tommy shrugs.

I glare at him. Calvin had shut down his mind link and refuses to open it for me. "Whatever." I grumble. "I'm going back upstairs. Stay down here and continue baby sitting." I roll my eyes.

My mind races as I reach the top of the stair case. An idea swims into my head, and I can't quite shake it from my mind. The arrogant asshole down stairs will refuse it, so I won't even bring it up to him.

My hand lingers over the doorknob to the room with the red door. I stare at it, itching to turn the knob and see what's inside of it. Just before the latch clicks open, I force myself away from it.

No. If Calvin wants to show me, he will. Blowing out a soft breath, I return to the idea that has been swarming my mind for awhile now. My wolf is all for it- she's aching to set out and get to Calvin.

Slowly, I step into the master bedroom. The lingering smell of Calvin still remains, and I inhale deeply as I walk across the room and towards the door to the balcony.

I look over the edge, and can feel my wolf pulling me towards Calvin already. It's amazing how she can easily pin point where he is without actually seeing him.

I quietly push myself up into the railing and look down at the tall drop. Shutting my eyes, I inhale deeply and murmur words that my wolf is beating into my head.

"No fear." I jump. Landing on the ground, I stabilize myself with my fists before standing and looking around. It isn't dark but it also isn't bright out.

Under high alert, I begin walking towards where my wolf wants me to go. Trapped under the intoxicating smell of Calvin, I can't help myself but to want him, no matter how mad I am at him.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" Calvin finds me before I find him

"What the hell are you doing out here?" Calvin finds me before I find him. I feel the anger rolling off of him in waves because of me leaving without him to protect me. His golden eyes scan over my body, and his chest heaves up and down.

"I came to find you. What the hell are you doing out here?" I shoot the question back at him. His nostrils flare in annoyance.

"Does Tommy know that you're gone?" He asks roughly. I glare at him.

"That prick doesn't even know his left from his right." I cross my arms over my chest. "I snuck out. Now, answer my question, Cal." I huff by annoyed.

"I'm a grown man, Gray." He grumbles. I only continue to look up at him like he has just lit me on fire. "You don't have to keep tabs on whatever I do."

"I would like to know when you're leaving!" I stomp my foot. "I was worried! What if something would have happened to you and I wouldn't have known? God! Why can't you consider someone other than yourself for once? I know you're grown, but that doesn't mean I can't worry about you! God- you're such an asshole sometimes and-" Calvin pulls me against his bare chest and tears spill from my eyes. I ball against the chest of the man that made me start crying in the first place.

"I didn't know that it would make you so upset," he says with a sigh, "I was mad, and I didn't want to have my wolf take it out on you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," he holds me tighter. "Don't cry, I thought you wanted to be alone-"

"I did, but that doesn't mean I want you to leave and shut me out." I sniffle. His large hand rubs over my back and I quietly pry myself away from him. I wipe my eyes and look up at him. "I know it's hard for you to understand, but you're not alone anymore, Calvin." I point to the mark on my neck. "You can't just do whatever you feel like doing."

Calvin gently reaches over and rubs the mark on my neck. Slowly, I rest my hand over top of his and shut my eyes. He needs to understand that it isn't just him anymore. It's us. We.

"I want to show you something." He says softly, and he presses a gentle kiss against my cheek. "It means so much to me, and I know it isn't exactly an excuse, but I'd like you to know that I needed to come here."

The shade of werewolfOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara