37

"Gray!" I hear Calvin yell. I don't dare lift my eyes from Grayson who is beneath me, waiting for me to take his final breath. A growl erupts from my chest as I inch closer to his exposed neck.

"Stop." Calvin orders. I look at him but don't move a single muscle. Grayson deserves this. He deserves to die slowly. I look Calvin over. Blood covers him, and he has a few wounds but nothing major.

His hair is messy, and there are bags under his eyes from what I assume is a lack of sleep. "Gray- I didn't ask." Calvin growls. "You'll regret it." He steps forward, stepping into dangerous territory.

"Get off of him, Gray. I don't want you to hurt because of something that you did." He says softly. "Come here, love." His voice cracks. I hesitantly look down at Grayson and then back at Calvin.

Two wolves stand beside Calvin, and I know that as soon as I move they're going to keep Grayson at bay. I lower my head and walk towards Calvin. My tail slides between my legs and I don't dare make eye contact with anyone.

"Lock him up, and make sure that he's kept that way." He orders, glaring at the yellow wolf drenched in his own blood. I almost feel bad for what I did to him.

Calvin runs his fingers through my fur. "Very pretty." He mumbles without any kind of emotion. "Lets go, yes? We'll talk when we get to the car." He says softly.

I carefully follow behind him. He's furious about something, because Calvin isn't showing any kind of emotion what so ever.

As soon as we get to the car, Calvin opens the door and holds a set of clothes in his hand. "Shift." He commands, and I look up at him with worry.

I shut my eyes and concentrate on shifting. I picture myself back the way that I was before a wolf. After awhile, it finally works- but the pain of what I had just don't lingers. I tug on the clothes inside the car. Calvin slides into the car next to me.

As soon as the door shuts, I make eye contact with Calvin. I watch his bare chest rise and fall at a steady pace. The golden shade in his eyes still remains, and I sigh.

"Why didn't you just let me do it?" I croak. Tears brim my face. I don't know why he's mad at me, and I'm afraid of what's going on. My wolf has been keeping my own fears from me, but now that I'm in control again- so are my emotions.

"I don't want you to hold yourself responsible for something like that Gray." He says softly. "I don't care who it is, but doing something like that to anyone leaves a memory in the back of your mind." He cups my cheeks and wipes my tears away.

"I want to kill him like he said he was so many years ago..." I shake angrily. I think about how he had lied to me and my mom. To the entire pack. Never had I even considered something like this. If he wanted to pretend that he was dead, I would make it a reality.

"Hey," he cooes, "there's only one mean one allowed in this relationship, and that's me." He presses a kiss to my nose. I shake my head. "Let me handle it. Tell me what you want done, and I'll let it happen."

"I want to kill him myself." I grumble. Calvin sighs.

"I want to, too." He admits softly, "but you deserve answers before then, okay?" I nod my head, unable to say anything else. Slowly I rest my head against his chest, ignoring the fact that he had just killed so many people and the blood still remains on his body.

I shut my eyes and tremble as tears continue down my cheeks. I don't cry because of what happened- because that was all my wolf and not under my control. I cry because of the pain that's been eating at me since I've woken up.

After a long shower in silence, I crawl into bed without a bite to eat or anything

After a long shower in silence, I crawl into bed without a bite to eat or anything. My lungs are burning and it feels like every organ inside my body has been lit on fire. All I can do is lie there and try to conceal my pain with pills that Cal gives me. Eventually, it's enough to let me fall asleep.

I jolt awake only hours later, shaken by the feeling of fire in my lungs. The heat of my organs making it hard for me to catch my breath.

I try to let out a cry of pain, or make a sound. Nothing works. My breathing turns into pants, and it feels as though I cannot inhale enough oxygen to keep me sustained. I feel like I'm suffocating.

Tears form in my eyes, and my hands grip my own throat trying to find some type of relief to let me breathe. My stomach burns- similar to what my heat would have been, but the feeling is more internal. It's burning at every organ in my body, infecting them with immortality.

My heart beats rapidly. A mile minute. I can't help but panic. What if I don't make it? Fear bottle up inside me, and I scrape my nails against my neck. I need to find an airway.

Only seconds pass before Calvin's body is hovering over mine. His eyes are a panic, I know I had woken him from his sleep in a way that terrifies him.

He doesn't look into my eyes, instead his mouth is quick to find the mark on my neck. I flinch when his canines break through my skin. I gasp, my hands finding his shoulders and my nails dig into his muscles.

He pulls back, looking into my eyes. I still can't breathe, and I try to find some kind of hope in his eyes. "Calm down, baby, panicking isn't going to help." His fingers run over my cheek.

He brushes my hair with his fingertips, presses kisses to my forehead, and tries his best to help me calm down. "Try to take deep, slow breaths, Gray. Don't panick. I'm right here." He cooes, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

Slowly, my breathing calms. It isn't normal, but it isn't like I'm suffocating anymore. My nails release his body, and Calvin rests on his side beside me. He's quiet, continuing to keep me calm by playing with my hair.

"Ca-" I whimper, covering my face with the pillow and letting tears escape my eyes. I want to curl into a ball and die. The pain is excruciating.

"Hush, little wolf." Cal says gently, close to my ear. "Focus on your breathing." He cooes. I shut my eyes, shaking from the pain dwelling inside of my veins.

"Just think," he says, his lips running over my earlobe. "When it's done, you'll have everything you ever dreamed of." He presses a kiss to my cheek.

"A very strong wolf," he places a kiss against my temple, "our mating bond will be complete," he presses a kiss to my cheek again. His breath is hot, but somehow it's cooling me off. "And one day," his voice is a low whisper now. His lips graze my ear as he speaks, "maybe even children."

I nod my head in agreement, and I silently pull him closer to me. As appealing as that sounds, I don't think that I want any, anytime soon at least.

The thought of Calvin actually wanting to start a family with me makes my heart swell, and the pain of my transformation shrink. I take in his scent the best I can, and hold my breath.

"Try and get some rest, baby." He nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck and places a kiss against my mark. Him being this affectionate is strange, but a good feeling. I shut my eyes, concentrating on my breathing alone and I painfully fall into a light sleep.