8

I don't wake up to the unbearable heat waves washing over me, or the shooting pain up my spine. Instead, I wake up in the middle of the night; alone.

Maybe he just went to the bathroom. I try to be logical with myself. My eyes move to the bathroom door- there isn't a light on. They linger there, then I focus my gaze back on Calvin's empty spot next to me. It's cold. He hasn't been here for awhile.

Or maybe he could be outside smoking. That's probably it. I lay back in bed, but can't help but wonder where he is. A cigarette doesn't take that long to smoke.

I roll over in bed, and let out a frustrated sigh. I begin to get restless-more like my wolf- and I climb out of bed. My shirt falls over my legs as I start my journey down the spiraling staircase.

I inhale. Nothing. I'm careful as I decend the staircase. Once I'm down stairs, I flick on the living room light. Everything is still there- even the messed up blanket on the couch that I should have folded back.

I run my fingers through my hair, glancing around at the dark rooms surrounding the living area. I stare at the fireplace, and inhale. I don't need to get so worked up.

"Why the hell are you awake?" I jump when a voice comes from behind me. Fear washes over me as I turn to face him.

I step back, afraid of what I see.

Calvin stands before me. His eyes are a bright shade of yellow- like a snake, staring me down. There's a dirtiness to his facial features, mixed with it is the faintest hint of blood. His usual dark, curly hair is shining with the red substance.

His upper half is bare. He's got a large scratch running down his chest, and dirt among that. His hands are battered, and bloody. He looks like a serial killer caught in action.

My mouth gapes open as I try to form words. I continue to back away from this....monster, until my back hits the wall. He continues after me, knotting his eyebrows in confusion as to why I'm trying to get away from him.

"I asked you a question." He says lowly. I look up at him in shock and try desperately to get away from him.

"I-I was looking for you." I whimper. I can't help but be afraid of him. He's covered in blood!

His lips curl into a smile, and he leans forward. His nose trails along the side of my cheek and his warm breath leaves goosebumps on my skin. I shiver.

"You don't have to look for something that's already here." He mumbles. His voice is low, and not like him. My bottom lip trembles as his hand reaches out and runs over my hip.

"Tell me, Gray." He says softly, staring into my eyes with a sick satisfaction. "Are you...scared?" He gives me a soft grin. I whimper and nod my head to his question. Scared beyond my own life.

"P-please just let me go." I beg, trying to push him away from me. Tears begin to run down my face from the fear of him inside of me. I don't like this side of Calvin.

"You are." He grins wickedly. A sense of fear washes over me as I look into his dark eyes. Who knows what secrets they hold.