34: awake

I wake up completely sore. My body feels as though its been thrown around on concrete while I was unconscious. Which, it probably was. My neck aches when I try and turn my head, and that's when everything comes back to me.

Calvin. My head is heavy from whatever sedative they stuck in me, but I try to push past that I bring myself up off the new concrete floor. I'm somewhere else. Furrowing my eyebrows I bring my hand up to my head.

Where am I? I look around and try my best to figure out this place. It's dark, but I can see just fine. The smell in head wreaks of sitting water and cigarette smoke. I try my best to get on my feet.

"No, baby girl." A deep voice says from my side. I snap my head in that direction and come into eye contact with an older man. His eyes are dark and a scar crosses his features. "The sedatives have yet to wear off completely, and I don't want you falling and busting your head open." He grins.

I know this man. I swallow, hard. I can't exactly pin point where I know him from. He is familiar. So familiar.

Maybe I've just seen him at the grocery store before or something. I inhale his scent and tiredly look down at the floor.

I want to fight him, or at least mouth something at him, but the drugs pumping through my veins has me struggling to keep my head up right now. I shut my eyes and run my hand over the mark on my neck. The only thing I'm worried about is Calvin, and not my own safety.

"Stop thinking about that.. mutt, Gray." He seethes. "If you're worried that he's hurt- he isn't. The bastard tore one of my men to pieces trying to get to you-" he clenches his jaw and angrily growls out at me. I flinch, and knot my eyebrows.

Calvin tried to save me. After he had been hit with the sedative, and what I'm sure was a much higher dose, he still fought against it to try and get me back. I wish I could have been awake to try and fight for my freedom. However, I'm just a weak little wolf.

Holding my breath, I look over at the man. His dark eyes are clouded with a grayish color and I cannot help but try and remember where I've seen that from. I clench my teeth and stare at him with an angry expression.

"I can't believe you," he grumbles, leaning against the wall. "You let him between your little legs. Didn't your mother ever teach you manners. A purebred shouldn't be sleeping with something that wasn't even bred." He sneers. "Just like that one little mutt she just had- what's his name? Liam?" I clench my fists into tight balls.

"How's your mother doing these days, anyways? I've noticed she's settled down and started a new family with my old friend Ren." He picks his nails. "Did you know that the two of us used to be the best of friends?" He has hatred in his voice.

"Who the hell are you?" I snap, knitting my eyebrows. My voice is hoarse and I need a drink. My fists clench at my sides and I launch myself forward to try and attack him, but chains hold me back.

"You and you're mother both are such a disappointment. I mean, look at you. You're beautiful but you're weak. You're a worthless excuse for a werewolf, Gray." He inches closer. A growl rumbles from my chest.

I'm trying to put it together. I'm trying my best to figure out who this man is, and what he wants with me and my mom.

I continue to growl, no matter how much it hurts me. "Now, now, little Grayson." My heart nearly stops at the nickname I haven't heard in nearly six years. I look up at him and don't dare back down.

"Who the hell are you?" I snap once again. The question is burning through my brain. An amused smile grows on his lips as he looks down at me.

"Now, is that anyway to talk to your father?" My heart stops in my chest. Everything begins to click. Tears well up in my eyes and I shake my head.

"Impossible." I growl. "My dad died five years ago to a rouge attack." I hiss. "I went to his funeral, I watched him be buried. You sick fuck." I want to rip this man's eyes out for claiming to be my father. My father was an honest family man. Not this.. twisted asshole.

"Tell me, Gray." He squats down by my face, "did they open the casket? Did they let you see his body?" He cooes. My stomach twists and I look at the ground.

"No." I admit. I don't want to believe it. I can't believe it. My dad died. This isn't him. It can't be.

"So, little Grayson." He snickers. "I guess I owe you an explanation, yes?"

"Indeed." I hiss. I don't dare make eye contact with the man I once looked up to as a father. I still don't believe him, but I have an unsettling feeling that it is him.

"I loved your mother, Gray. Very much. I had plans, and she was holding me back. So we're you." He snaps. "Your mom thought that I was crazy, and that I was out of my mind for wanting what only one person in this world had."

I look up at him. "Immortality." He finishes. I suck in a deep breath and watch his eyes flicker to my neck.

"You both were weak, and you both were completely worthless to me at the time. So, I had some of my friends attack a rouge, and place his body in a casket and tell everyone it was me. I know- pathetic. I've been raising an army, and waiting for his little mate to come along to weaken him." He chuckles.

I glare at him. "I'm a little disappointed that left and now I come to figure out my own daughter is his mate." He shakes his head. "Funny how things work, yes?"

I don't respond. Instead I continue to growl at him. My chest hurts, and I feel too dizzy to stay awake very much longer.

"He isn't going to fall for it." I grumble.

"He is going to do everything he can to get to you, and when he does- I'll be waiting." A smile grows on his lips and I feel sick to my stomach.

"He'll kill you." I snap in response.

"No he won't," he grins, "because you won't let him kill your own father." I clench my teeth. I swallow at the hard truth.

"He'll finish what should have happened five years ago, Grayson."