26; temptation

"I have to go and speak with Benjamin and Xavier. I'll be back in fifteen minutes tops- and I promise I'll buy you some food." Calvin says. He leans down cupping my cheeks and pulls me into a kiss. I inhale sharply when I feel his canines against my lower lip. Slowly, he pulls back just enough to meet my eyes. "I'll tell you later, okay?" He sighs, defeated because he knows I know that something is up. My skin is on fire from his touch, but all I can do is look up at him curiously. My mind races at the thoughts that go through my mind.

"Is everything okay?" I ask quietly. Concern fills my body and I'm afraid something may have happened. No. if something were to happen Cal would have given me the cold shoulder. Wouldn't he? He would make it obvious to me that he's doing his work and needs his space. Calvin brushes his thumb over my cheek and gives me a reassuring smile. The only thing I catch are those pearly white canines that I want him to stain with my blood. Ever since I've been back from my parents I've been on this kick. I need him to mark me.

"My eyes are up here, love." His mumbles. I slowly meet his eyes and exhale quietly. Part of me wants to ask him why they're down, but the other part of me knows just how desperate he is to sink his teeth into me. As much as I want him to- right now, right here, it isn't the place. He gentle presses a kiss to my forehead and murmurs a soft, "everything's fine, love. But you're going to have a hard time walking soon." He gives me an amused grin and presses a kiss to my forehead again before leaving me in awe.

I'm used to Calvin talking to me like that, but it shocks me how open he is about it in public. He doesn't care what people think- nor does he ever seem to want to care. He acts out on impulse and doesn't listen to anyone. My heart beats faster as I watch him round the corner and head up the staircase. Obviously, what ever the men are talking about, is something that's really important. Important enough to keep me from distracting him. I pull my lip between my teeth and look around. I haven't exactly met anyone other than Braxton yet, and I hardly even know my way around.

   I wish Cal would have at least pointed me in the direction of the TV room before he had left me so abruptly. A little girl runs past me in a hurry, her giggles hit my ears and I can't help but smile. She's adorable. I watch her pigtails bounce until she's out of sight and I'm alone again. "Are you lost?" A woman's voice brings me out of my little dream world. I momentarily wondered if Cal and I would have kids- what would they look like? Would they look more like him or me? How many would there be?

The woman before me clears her throat. Meeting her icy blue eyes, I raise my eyebrow. She stands taller than I do, but, who doesn't? Her face is littered in tiny freckles and her hair has the texture of a spiral in a shade of brown that I cannot describe. Her eyes wander over me, appearing to do exactly what I had done to her. She smells different. I can't exactly describe the smell of her, but it's intriguing me. "I-uh, well a little." I sigh defeated. She smiles at me and extends a hand towards me. I take her hand and shake it.

"Well, where do you need to go? I can give you a tour if you'd like me to." She grins. I smile. Her kindness is rubbing off on me and I like it. The other times I've been here I've only received dirty looks and crude comments. I mean, what's so wrong with being around my mate? I don't care how powerful he is. He could be an omega, a rouge, anything and I'd still want him the same. "My name's Alice." She smiles, showing off her white teeth. I envy her, because she's absolutely breath taking.

"Gray." I reply quietly, following behind her as she walks into another room. Alice looks at me over her shoulder and knots her eyebrows. I know what she's about to ask. She stops in the center of the room and motions around. Obviously, this is the kitchen. What other room would have two stoves and a fridge big enough to fit six bodies inside? I blink, in complete awe. A kitchen this size must have some well trained cooks in it. "Yeah," I laugh a little, "like the color." I answer her question before she can even ask it. I've heard it too much, so I always expect it.